Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. mamen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

    • Join Date: Dec 2008
    • Posts: 312
    #1

    Post at/in

    what should I use in the following sentences?

    I'm going (in,at) the room.

    I'm going (in,at) my room.

    I'm going (in,at) these rooms.

    I'm going (in,at) my uncle's rooms.

    She is (in,at) the office.

    She is (in,at) the office of the principal.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 438
    #2

    Re: at/in

    Quote Originally Posted by mamen View Post
    what should I use in the following sentences?

    I'm going (in,at) the room.

    I'm going (in,at) my room.

    I'm going (in,at) these rooms.

    I'm going (in,at) my uncle's rooms.

    She is (in,at) the office.

    She is (in,at) the office of the principal.

    I am going TO the room / my room / these rooms / my uncle's rooms

    At the office - doing your work - at work
    In the office - inside that building who knows for what reasons...

  2. mamen's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

    • Join Date: Dec 2008
    • Posts: 312
    #3

    Post Re: at/in

    Quote Originally Posted by ratóncolorao View Post
    I am going TO the room / my room / these rooms / my uncle's rooms

    At the office - doing your work - at work
    In the office - inside that building who knows for what reasons...
    My dear teachers,

    Please give some rules as regards my question.

    thanks

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Mar 2008
    • Posts: 2,121
    #4

    Exclamation Re: at/in

    Quote Originally Posted by mamen View Post
    My dear teachers,

    Please give some rules as regards my question.

    thanks
    At/In/On are known as prepositions of place and time. To know their respective uses in detail, study the guide line given in this site:. Prepositions of Place: at, in, on

Similar Threads

  1. At/In Laboratory
    By dervast in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-Aug-2009, 01:05
  2. at/in school
    By Tan Elaine in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-Apr-2009, 14:13
  3. at/in the beginning
    By Tvita in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-May-2008, 21:27
  4. at/in
    By jkl in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-Feb-2008, 01:20
  5. at/in the corner at/in the end
    By Belly T in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-Dec-2006, 10:02

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •