Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
United States
What does a 'ball of fun' mean? Is it a common expression? If so, is the use of this expression limited to certain group of people (like teenagers, young kids, etc.) or not?

To give a context, I added below a conversation between a priest and a married woman. The woman had an affair and the priest knows that.

GABRIELLE: Okay. You can stop condemning me with your eyes. Right now. I know you know, about the affair. But you know nothing about my life. Look, it’s not even an issue anymore. John and I are finished.
FATHER CROWELY: Gabrielle, the church is pretty clear on this. If you commit a mortal sin, and you die without repenting, you go to hell.
GABRIELLE: Well, aren't you just a ball of fun. (you are having fun by talking like that?) So, if I confess, it'll clean the slate, right?

Thank you!

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
It is reasonably common and is not constrained to young people. In this context [a woman confessing to an illicit affair to her unsympathetic priest who wants her to consider the effects of her actions] the speaker is being sarcastic, implying that he is completely lacking in humour and sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.