Home Country
France
Current Location
France
GIven the sentence:

Have I led you wrong?

What does it mean, please?

Hi, I'm not a teacher,

but maybe the context is necessary in this case, because in my mind the verb 'lead' has a different meaning like, influence, way or another else.

See you later.

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi, I'm not a teacher,

but maybe the context is necessary in this case, because in my mind the verb 'lead' has a different meaning like, influence, way or another else.

See you later.

Thanks. Someone doubts about what someone else says, and this one says:
Ye of little faith (which I think is a Biblical expression meaning "man of little faith") have I ever led you wrong?

I'm no quite sure, but I think it says: Have I ever confused you? It seems it has a connotation of misleading, too, and then perhaps it also means: Have I ever told a lie to you? That's my problem, a question of nuance I'm not completely sure of.

Thanks again

The French

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Ye of little faith (which I think is a Biblical expression meaning "man of little faith") have I ever led you wrong?

I'm no quite sure, but I think it says: Have I ever confused you? It seems it has a connotation of misleading, too, and then perhaps it also means: Have I ever told a lie to you? That's my problem, a question of nuance I'm not completely sure of.

Thanks again

Hi Bushwhacker,

I believe you are maybe reading the Bible. I say that because there are a lots of places where this expression is used to show how people or persons do not have enough faith about something or somebody.

Whatever the book we are reading, I reckon the sentence you have read suggest a lack of faith or trust.

See you later on the forum (Buenas Tardes).
:-D

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

Thanks again

It means "have I ever misled you? Have a look at this link: "http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=51047&dict=CALD&topic=lies-lying-and-hypocrisy

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi Bushwhacker,

I believe you are maybe reading the Bible. I say that because there are a lots of places where this expression is used to show how people or persons do not have enough faith about something or somebody.

Whatever the book we are reading, I reckon the sentence you have read suggest a lack of faith or trust.

See you later on the forum (Buenas Tardes).
:-D

No,no, I'm not reading the Bible. I've just found the origin of this expression comes right from the Bible.

Thanks for your concern. So long.

Status
Not open for further replies.