• Start date
  • Views : 10,182
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

e.bayram

Hello,

I am supposed to write an essay answering the questions below:

This personal statement should be a narrative statement describing how you have achieved your current goals. It should not be a mere listing of facts. It should include information about your education, practical experience, special interests, and career plans. Describe any significant factors that have influenced your educational or professional development. Comment on the number of years of practical experience already completed in the field in which academic work will be done in the U.S. Do not mention specific U.S. universities at which you would like to study.

I have always been fascinated by my mathematical studies and, having a flair for the subject, there was never any doubt that I would choose mathematics as a degree. It is a pivotal subject on which so many others depend (such as physics and chemistry). I relish the challenge of problem solving that mathematics provides. For me, it is an endlessly intriguing subject, as the discipline appears limitless, allowing so much scope for further study and research.

I believe that, I am successful through out my life since I always make a periodic plan of the things to do. Thanks to my study program, I can do all my scheduled work in time, and I have more time to improve myself.

At the second year of my undergraduate education, I applied for the information systems minor program at the Department of Computer Engineering, which is offered by the university to the students whose cumulative grade point average is more than 2.50 (out of 4.00). The reason for applying to this program was the decision of studying Applied Mathematics for my graduate education. During my university education, I got high honor’s degree in 6 semesters and honor’s degree in 2 semesters.

Due to clashes in my timetable, I couldn’t attend some mathematics classes. Nevertheless, I decided to study those courses on my own initiative. I managed to grasp the syllabus’ concepts and achieved on the papers. This was a great sense of success for me and encouragement to pursue my interest further. Having had no formal lessons, I developed an independent, self-reliant approach to mathematics which I believe is crucial for graduate education.

As I had planned, I started my master education in Applied Mathematics. Unfortunately, my major field was changed into Geometry in second semester out of my choice. I have been working as a research assistant since 2009, and solving linear algebra and topology problems in recitation hours. This gives me the opportunity to improve myself about how I can transfer my knowledge to students efficiently.

I have always been active in extra curricular. Due to my immense interest in playing football I have always been in the university football tournament. Besides, I play table tennis, swim, and take a walk regularly.

I would love to pursue a career in the field of Applied Mathematics by getting a doctorate degree in U.S. after my master education, and turn to my own country to raise master and doctorate students and do researches on my major field.

Do you think this essay is sufficient for the questions asked? If not, how would you recommend me to enrich it? Could you please point out the grammar/logical mistakes if there is any in the essay? Thank you in advance.

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have always been fascinated by mathematical studies and, having a flair for the subject, there was never any doubt that I would choose mathematics as a degree. It is a pivotal subject on which so many others depend (such as physics and chemistry). I relish the challenge of problem solving that mathematics provides. For me, it is an endlessly intriguing subject, as the discipline appears limitless, allowing so much scope for further study and research.

I believe that I have been successful throughout my life because I always make a periodic plan of the things to do. Thanks to my study program, I can do all my scheduled work in time, and I have more time to improve myself.

At the second year of my undergraduate education, I applied for the information systems minor program at the Department of Computer Engineering, which is offered by the university to students whose cumulative grade point average is more than 2.50 (out of 4.00). The reason for applying to this program was the decision to study Applied Mathematics for my graduate education. During my university education, I got high honor’s degree in 6 semesters and honor’s degree in 2 semesters.

Due to conflicts in my timetable, I couldn’t attend some mathematics classes. Nevertheless, I decided to study those courses on my own initiative. I managed to grasp the concept of the course syllabus and achieved on the papers. This was a great sense of success for me and encouragement to pursue my interest further. Having had no formal lessons, I developed an independent, self-reliant approach to mathematics which I believe is crucial for graduate education.

As I had planned, I started my master education in Applied Mathematics. Unfortunately, my major field was changed to Geometry in second semester out of my choice (not clear. Do you mean "by my choice'? I have been working as a research assistant since 2009, solving linear algebra and topology problems in recitation hours. This gives me the opportunity to improve myself in how to transfer my knowledge to students efficiently.

I have always been active in extra curricular activities. Due to my immense interest in playing football, I have always been in the university football tournament. I also play table tennis, swim, and take walks regularly.

I would love to pursue a career in the field of Applied Mathematics by getting a doctorate degree in the U.S. after earning my master education, and return to my home country to instruct master and doctorate students and do research in my major field.

Status
Not open for further replies.