Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hello. The dialog below is from a book.

1. I'm wondering what the underleand parts mean.
Are they same as 'pulling your leg? Please help!!
2. Is "0/10" a wrong answer for 0.1 or something?

Edward: My neighbor, Mrs Dodson, helped with my homework last night. She told me that parsing means putting all the sentences in order to make a story.
Teacher: I'm afraid Mrs Dodson was pulling your leg, having a lend of you, giving you a bum steer, having you on. She doesn't know much about decimals eigher, does she?

"No." said Edward, with his eyes on the 0/10 for decimals on his homework sheet.

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello. The dialog below is from a book.

1. I'm wondering what the underleand parts mean.
Are they same as 'pulling your leg? Please help!!
2. Is "0/10" a wrong answer for 0.1 or something?

Edward: My neighbor, Mrs Dodson, helped with my homework last night. She told me that parsing means putting all the sentences in order to make a story.
Teacher: I'm afraid Mrs Dodson was pulling your leg, having a lend of you, giving you a bum steer, having you on. She doesn't know much about decimals either, does she?

"No." said Edward, with his eyes on the 0/10 for decimals on his homework sheet.
1. Coming the raw prawn ... "Don't come the raw prawn with me, mate!" (AusE.)
Yes, they are various versions of the first phrase, 'pulling your leg'.

2. No, I think you've misunderstood this part. At least, I read it this way:
Mrs Dodson has given him a score of 0/10 for his maths homework - which is incidentally on decimals. Since some of his answers are correct, and she's given him no marks, she doesn't know much about decimals. I think there is no connection between the score and decimals as such. But the wider context might suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.