1. Salman Farsi

How to improve my Accent.

Hello

My name is Salman and I'm from Pakistan. I can speak english very well. But so many times I feel guilty due to my accent. I would like to improve my accent and I like to speak a British people.

I hope you will reply me. I look forward to you.

Thanking you

Salman Farsi

2. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: How to improve my Accent.

Make sure you're listening to a lot of the target accent, and practise different mouth positions until you can do it. Try recording yourself and comparing it to a British speaker recording. Check these out for sources:

https://www.usingenglish.com/links/Listening/
    https://www.usingenglish.com/links/S...Pronunciation/

3. Danilka

Quote Originally Posted by Salman Farsi
    Hello

My name is Salman and I'm from Pakistan. I can speak english very well. But so many times I feel guilty due to my accent. I would like to improve my accent and I like to speak a British people.

Thanking you

Salman Farsi

try this program, they got a demo with live voice recordings where you could hopefully improve on your accent, good luck!
    www.dm192.en101.com

4. esl2learn

5. lucyarliwu

Quote Originally Posted by Salman Farsi
    Hello

Thanking you

Salman Farsi
    Hi Salman,

I totally understand your feeling of speaking good English but with some annoying accent.

It has troubled me for a long time and even now I am still not totally confident in speaking to the local people, but before I came to Australia from China no one has ever told me that I have an accent. I was over-confident with my oral English before & afterwards I am now under-confident with it. Why is it so hard for the local people (Aussie) understand me? Actually at the beginning, I couldn't understand them either.

So now I am insisting on watching TV everyday for at least 1 hour to assure that I am getting involved in this local environment in their language. So if you want to reduce your accent, my advice would be talking to Bristish People,or listing to some tapes & radio as the other guys suggested.

Take your time in doing it, but be aware that you will never get rid of your mother accent totally.

Lucy