• Thread starter Salman Farsi
  • Start date
  • Views : 53,945
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Salman Farsi

Hello

My name is Salman and I'm from Pakistan. I can speak english very well. But so many times I feel guilty due to my accent. I would like to improve my accent and I like to speak a British people.

I hope you will reply me. I look forward to you.

Thanking you

Salman Farsi

D

Danilka

Salman Farsi said:
Hello

My name is Salman and I'm from Pakistan. I can speak english very well. But so many times I feel guilty due to my accent. I would like to improve my accent and I like to speak a British people.

Thanking you

Salman Farsi

try this program, they got a demo with live voice recordings where you could hopefully improve on your accent, good luck!
www.dm192.en101.com

L

lucyarliwu

Salman Farsi said:
Hello

Thanking you

Salman Farsi

Hi Salman,

I totally understand your feeling of speaking good English but with some annoying accent.

It has troubled me for a long time and even now I am still not totally confident in speaking to the local people, but before I came to Australia from China no one has ever told me that I have an accent. I was over-confident with my oral English before & afterwards I am now under-confident with it. Why is it so hard for the local people (Aussie) understand me? Actually at the beginning, I couldn't understand them either.

So now I am insisting on watching TV everyday for at least 1 hour to assure that I am getting involved in this local environment in their language. So if you want to reduce your accent, my advice would be talking to Bristish People,or listing to some tapes & radio as the other guys suggested.

Take your time in doing it, but be aware that you will never get rid of your mother accent totally.

Lucy

Status
Not open for further replies.