Student or Learner
The following sentence "as the government tried to get aid to hungry survivors and halt looting" can I say " and to halt looting"?
When do I need to add"to" after "and"?
mike, good afternoon.
(1) I think that you are 100% correct.
(2) Teachers prefer that our sentences are parallel or balanced on both sides of "and."
(3) The government tried TO GET aid and TO HALT looting.
(4) Two infinitive phrases connected by "and."
(5) Of course, in fast conversation, it's OK to leave out the second "to."
Have a nice day.