Hello, I am writing a letter to establish the dates of my stay as a visiting scholar in a US university. I hope you can help me with this, i am not sure if it is clear enough.

Dear XXX,

After consulting my advisor and the administration office I have decided to go in the fall semester. This considering it will be a better time for you and also that I will be able to make the most of my stay then. I think the best time will be the beginning of October to the end of November, at that moment I’ll have a general draft of my thesis to discuss on and, if you agree, I could assist to some seminar.

I will need to bother you with some paperwork for my scholarship. I’ll require a letter of acceptance sign by you and scan in a pdf. file with the exact dates of my stay and also I will need you to sign a schedule program I will be sending you. I must handle these papers by the end of July, so if it is fine for you I’ll send you the schedule program with the exact dates by the beginning of June so you can have some time to look it through.

I really appreciate all your help, thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

XXX