Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Dear teachers...

Could you please proofread this text for me?

A new separator design for liquid-liquid systems has been proposed to decrease the coalescence time of dispersed phase drops. Aiming at making the separation process more efficient, the present work studies hydrodynamics and mass transfer in the mixer to estimate the overall mass transfer coefficient relative to the aqueous (water + oil) and organic (turpentine) phases involved. Samples were collected at the inlet and after the system entered into operation. The analyses were performed using the oil and grease content technique. A mass balance in the liquid phase calculated in the mixer allows us to determine the mass transfer coefficient, thereby optimizing the system. A correlation equation was found for the mass transfer coefficient as a function of the variables studied in the process. Transfer optimization in the mixing chamber will contribute significantly to an increase in the overall separation efficiency of the device.

Thank you very much;-)

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
Dear teachers...

A new separator design for liquid-liquid systems has been proposed to decrease the coalescence time of dispersed phase drops. Aiming at making the separation process more efficient, the present work studies hydrodynamics and mass transfer in the mixer to estimate the overall mass transfer coefficient relative to the aqueous (water + oil) and organic (turpentine) phases involved. Samples were collected at the inlet and after the system entered into operation. The analyses were performed using the oil and grease content technique. A mass balance in the liquid phase calculated in the mixer allows us to determine the mass transfer coefficient, thereby optimizing the system. A correlation equation was found for the mass transfer coefficient as a function of the variables studied in the process. Transfer optimization in the mixing chamber will contribute significantly to an increase in the overall separation efficiency of the device.

Thank you very much;-)

The grammar seems just fine to me. I can't say as I understand what it is that is being presented here, though!
**Not a scientist**

sarat_106

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear teachers...

A new separator design for liquid-liquid systems has been proposed to decrease the coalescence time of dispersed phase drops. Aiming/Aimed at making the separation process more efficient, the present work studies hydrodynamics and mass transfer in the mixer to estimate the overall mass transfer coefficient relative to the aqueous (water + oil) and organic (turpentine) phases involved. Samples were collected at the inlet (and) after the system entered into operation. The analyses were performed using the oil and grease content technique. A mass balance in the liquid phase calculated in the mixer allows us to determine the mass transfer coefficient, thereby optimizing the system. A correlation equation was found for the mass transfer coefficient as a function of the variables, as studied in the process. Transfer optimization in the mixing chamber will contribute significantly to an increase in the overall separation efficiency of the device.

Thank you very much;-)

Except for the ‘and’ in bracket which needs to be deleted, other two are just suggestions for better clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.