Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Can narrow face be referring to a shadowy, gloomy face?

Context: A father is really angry with his son, who had a mission to do on behalf of his family and it went awry. The father kicks out his son till he fixes the tort. Narrow father's face grows even narrower.

Thank You

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Any help here, please?

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Why have you added the adjective "gloomy"? There is nothing in the context to indicate this. The man merely has a skull that is longer than it is wider.

As for the boy's error, it cannot be "tort" which in law is: Tort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Why have you added the adjective "gloomy"? There is nothing in the context to indicate this. The man merely has a skull that is longer than it is wider.

As for the boy's error, it cannot be "tort" which in law is: Tort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, I meant a mistake his father takes as a tort (offence).

As for narrow, after all what has happened, the son, not someone very intelligent, asks his father if he'll be punished. The father, before answering, shows his already narrow face (through all the meeting) even narrower. So I thought the meaning of face "longer than wider" maybe was not suitable in this case, taking into account that what he is about to answer will denotes rage and despair as for how his son behaviours.

I was asking if is it possible to understand narrow-narrower as a state of despair and fury in a context like this one, in English.

Last edited:

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
This awful text must be read at face value. A narrow face that is pehaps angry may well appear longer owing to the muscles contracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.