Student or Learner
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! I am very keen to be accepted on CELTA Course but do not feel confident about all of the answers. I would be most grateful if you could help me out as I want to make a fine teacher one day
1. Give an example of each of the following tenses (1 sentence each)
Present perfect simple
Present perfect continuous
Present simple passive
2. These sentences contain common errors. Correct them and say what rules are broken
a) I am liking that picture
b) She learns French since 2 years
c) If he would inherit some money, he would buy a house
d) Do you can understand?
e) There is too much people here
f) He asked what do I earn (keep in indirect form)
3. How would you explain and illustrate the difference between:
‘since’ and ‘for’
‘some’ and ‘any’
Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous
Will (future) and going to (future)
Much / a lot of / many
1. Comment on the ranked order of the following ways of asking permission
a) OK if I go home now?
b) Can I go home now?
c) May I go home now?
d) Do you think I might go home now?
2 Think of 4 ways of apologising and rank them in a similar way. Which would you teach first and why?
3. The following pairs of sentences have the same grammatical structure but in each case the function is different. Try to paraphrase each sentence to show the distinction
a) Have you got a light?
Have you got a sister?
b) Call me John
Call me a taxi
c)You must be quiet
You must be hungry
1. Think of the most efficient way of teaching the following items:
2. Can the following words be taught as synonyms? Why/why not?
Large – great
Tall – high
Begin – start
Mark the main stresses on the following words (E.g. ‘medicine, inform’ation)
Refuse (verb) international
2.a) Arrange each of the following words in the column headed by
the word with a similar vowel sound
weight, wrong, rich, half, buy, shop, sieve, heart, leave, wife, peach, what, siege, man, sick, pays, blood, band, ton, fast, wait
b) Can you think of different ways of helping students to improve their pronunciation?
3. Sentence Stress
Explain the difference in the meaning of the sentence below depending on how it is said
a. Lisa might have told John
b Lisa might have told John
c. Lisa might have told John
You have simply posted the questions and made no attempt that I can see at answering them. Of course people know the answers to these questions- but asking people to do what is tantamount to cheating for you is not a particularly good route to becoming a fine teacher. If you try, people will discuss things and make suggestions, but no one's going to just fill in the answers for you. If you want to become a teacher, how would you look on a piece of homework that someone had done for the student? Would you think it was a useful and valuable exercise?