Dear teachers,

Would you be kind enough to tell me whether I am right with my interpretation of the expressions in bold in the following sentences?

Since late 2006, voters began taking a more active part in these elections – voter turnout in the last local government election in St. Petersburg was 18%, and 55% at the February 10, 2010 mayoral elections in Orel.

Voter turnout was considered high despite widespread concerns of violence.

turnout = attendance for a particular event or purpose

voter turnout = the total number of votes cast

Jahmar Young scored 19 points to help New Mexico State snap top-seeded Utah State's 17-game winning streak with a 69-63 upset Saturday night in the Western Athletic Conference tournament title game.

winning streak = winning continuity

Troy Gillenwater 15 added 15 points and Jonathan Gibson 14 for the Aggies (22-11), who allowed only five turnovers in a physical game to Utah State's nine.

turnover = a loss of possession of the ball by means of an error or violation

Sgt. Marcelo Rapela of the Midvale Police Department said, "The two different parties got into a dispute and gun battle. That gun battle actually moved into the breezeway of an apartment complex."

breezeway = a roofed, open-sided passageway connecting two structures, such as a house and a garage

They face charges of aggravated assault and discharging a weapon within city limits.

face charges = suffer the consequences

Thank you for your efforts.