There are a couple of very simple sentences but I still have a doubt about the correct usage of the tense :
1. One shouldnt drink when one drives/is driving.
2. She always tries /is tryig a little too hard to make people like her.
3. I have an appointment with your boss . Where do i go in/ am I goig in ?
4. What do we do now? / are we doing now?she asked as they reached the street
5. Where do we go/are we going from here ?
I will be realy happy if you could explaine the tense usage in the examples above.
According to the grammer book the correct variants are :
1 . One shouldn't drink when one drives/is driving. - I am a bit puzzled here . The only idea that I have in mind is that the process is emphasized here
2. She always tries /is tryig a little too hard to make people like her. - I suppose that in this case the speaker disapproves of the way she behaves and finds it a bit irritating