Please can you check the text from the point of view of the language? (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Please can you check the text from the point of view of the language?
Please, start form the question, because I have witten it before trying to answer....
Thanks. Rip

Which main themes in th play are evident in the scene of the three witches?

The scene of the three witches introduces the theme of equivocation, whose darkest, most dangerous aspect is the reversal of values exemplified by the three witches’ words “Fair is foul, and foul is fair”, that is the bad becomes good and viceversa,

Closely related to this theme of equivocation is the one of false appearances, that is the difference between what is true and what only seem to be true; this theme is connected with the three witches because they are supernatural beings but they are made believable in a work which has been removed from historical thuth , from any normal parctical common sense.

Another important theme is that of time; the first word of the scene is connected with time and introduces a question about the future. The answer is expressed in terms of place; this confusion of time and place is only the first of the long series of reversals that dominate the play.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by point of view of the language. After all, language doesn't have a point of view. (You sure seem to know your MacBeth.)

:)

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I mean my English.....are there any mistakes?

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would make some minor changes.

The scene of the three witches introduces the theme of equivocation, whose darkest, most dangerous aspect is the reversal of values exemplified by the three witches’ words “Fair is foul, and foul is fair”. That is that bad becomes good and viceversa.

Closely related to this theme of equivocation is the one of false appearances. That is the difference between what is true and what only seems to be true; this theme is connected to the three witches because they are supernatural beings, but they are made believable in a work which has been removed from historical truth, from any normal practical common sense.

Another important theme is that of time; the first word of the scene is connected with time and introduces a question about the future. The answer is expressed in terms of place; this confusion of time and place is only the first of the long series of reversals that dominate the play.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.