Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
We are in the process of revamping our Opera House showroom. So watch out for great offers and happening at the week-long event we are planning for the re-launch. Hence I would request you to update your contact details at earliest. So we can inform you about it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We are in the process of revamping our Opera House showroom. So watch out for great offers and happening at the week-long event we are planning for the re-launch. Hence I would request you to update your contact details at earliest. So we can inform you about it.

We are in the process of revamping our Opera House showroom. Watch out for great offers and happenings during the week-long event we are planning for the relaunch. Therefore, I urge you to update your contact details as soon as possible so we can keep you informed.

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
We are in the process of revamping our Opera House showroom. Watch out for great offers and happenings during the week-long event we are planning for the relaunch. Therefore, I urge you to update your contact details as soon as possible so we can keep you informed.

I agree during the week-long...is apporpriate but kindly tell is st the week long... is absolutely incorrect

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I agree during the week-long...is apporpriate but kindly tell is st the week long... is absolutely incorrect

I'm sorry - I'm not quite sure what your question is! Are you asking if week-long must have the hyphen? If so, then yes. When you are describing something using a duration then, using this construction, you need a hyphen. If you write "during our week long event" then you are not showing that the word "week" refers to the length of the event.

It's the same as "a 20-minute drive", "a 7-day week" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.