• Japan
      • Current Location:
      • UK

With

Hi,

Question:
    What is the meaning of with?

Sentence1:
    With strong negotiation skills, I have a keen interest and would pursue my career in sales & marketing field.
    Sentence2:
    With strong communications skills, I have a cheerful personality which is helpful in handling people of different backgrounds.
    Sentence3:
    With over 15 years of experience of developing staff, I am confident of the value I can add to XYZ Corporation.
    Sentence4:
    With my relevant working experience and educational background, I believe I am qualified for the position in your company.

Background:
    I saw some similar sentences in some cover letter examples, but not sure how to use with in these case.
    I think the meaning should be either because of or having.

Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Re: With

I think 'having' is a substitute here.

I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: With

Quote Originally Posted by uktous View Post
    Hi,

Question:
    What is the meaning of with?

Sentence1:
    With strong negotiation skills, I have a keen interest and would pursue my career in sales & marketing field.
    Sentence2:
    With strong communications skills, I have a cheerful personality which is helpful in handling people of different backgrounds.
    Sentence3:
    With over 15 years of experience of developing staff, I am confident of the value I can add to XYZ Corporation.
    Sentence4:
    With my relevant working experience and educational background, I believe I am qualified for the position in your company.

Background:
    I saw some similar sentences in some cover letter examples, but not sure how to use with in these case.
    I think the meaning should be either because of or having.

Thanks
    You're right - it simply means that the person writing is saying that they have these skills, abilities or experience.

Examples:

With his amazing abilities and his speed on the pitch, David Beckham is a clear choice for the England football team.

With 2 years' experience in the field, I am confident that I am the perfect candidate for this job.

In both cases, you could replace "with" with "Due to".