can you check some error for my speech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice_bear

Member Type
Student or Learner
this is speech I have to prepare for my final exam

Topic:A woman should not marry a man more than 15 years younger than her.

Old barriers are being broken down all around us. Interracial marriages, single parenthood by choice, open committed gay/lesbian relationships represent examples of alternative life options that, unthinkable few years ago, today are becoming part of the mainstream. It’s very normal for a 40 year old man marry with the 20 year old girl. Maybe, they will live in good marriages. But happen when a woman older than 15 years younger than her? The people are for the most part, sane, intelligent, responsible and productive member of society; many of them happen to be older women.
Today I give you some reasons why a woman should not marry a man more than 15 years younger than her.
Firstly, young husband always lack of responsibility with his family. Because, a older woman always mature than him. She accomplishes her success in work, perfect life. They do not worry about money and where their position in society. Those practices can make young husband feel powerless. Some husband do not need concern so much about life married because there is nothing for them to evolve with. Moreover, most too young husband do not experience about problems of married, they do not know how to solve them. This can make married relationship break down due to boring.
Secondly,the married life of couple will be put an end to because of difference of point of view. Sometime they fall in love because of they can share their feeling, understand each other. Make happy, laugh a lot about funny story. This is simple love. They do not have a lot of difficult in future time- especially in married time. My closest friend is an example of it. She is a professor of university. She was 35 years old who is fall in love with her junior student. When she told me that she would marry his man who she choice. I am not pleased but acceptance because I can not afford to prevent her. Now, she is 40 years old. She always shares with me her sorrow. They always argue and have difference viewpoint. She wants to buy a new house but he do like. He likes living in an apartment. Or a little thing, they are still able to argue. Your relationship is really regressing and she can not live with this pressure. They do not understand any more.
Thirdly, the rate of adultery is very high. Now wife is 35 years old and husband is 20 years old. Perhaps, they are living happy with other. What happen after 20 years ago? The wife is 55 years old and she is very old and is not as beautiful as her in 35 years old. But husband is still young and attracted. He feels bored with his relationship. When he is working, young girl are around him. This can make him have adulterous relationship with young women. A long time passed, their relationship will be crack up and lend to divorce easily. We can see some example of others such as Cameron Diaz -35 years old and Juntin Timberlake -24 years old or Madonna- a famous singers, who have a lot of young husbands and date with young man. But those relationships are a temporary and easy to break up.
To sum up, for some reason above, we can consider difficult such as lack of husband‘s responsibility, adultery, difference of viewpoint which we face to if we married a man 15 years old younger than us. It will lend to stressful, tough relationship a long time later. Therefore, we will want to married a young man than us, we should think carefully and anticipate some trouble which they have to face to and try to avoid them as much as possible.

Please ask me some questions about my topic and i will practice answering them.
thanks a lot for your concerning.:):)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

Today I give you some reasons why a woman should not marry a man more than 15 years younger than her.
Firstly, young husband always lack of responsibility with his family.
Always?
Because, a older woman always mature than him.
Always?
Moreover, most too young husband do not experience about problems of married, they do not know how to solve them.

Why is it the man who has to solve problems of marriage? Are women children?

Secondly,the married life of couple will be put an end to because of difference of point of view.
But what if they've married because they have a similar point of view?

My closest friend is an example of it. She is a professor of university. She was 35 years old who is fall in love with her junior student. When she told me that she would marry his man who she choice. I am not pleased but acceptance because I can not afford to prevent her. Now, she is 40 years old. She always shares with me her sorrow. They always argue and have difference viewpoint. She wants to buy a new house but he do like. He likes living in an apartment. Or a little thing, they are still able to argue. Your relationship is really regressing and she can not live with this pressure. They do not understand any more.

And this is all due to their relative ages?

Thirdly, the rate of adultery is very high. Now wife is 35 years old and husband is 20 years old. Perhaps, they are living happy with other. What happen after 20 years ago? The wife is 55 years old and she is very old and is not as beautiful as her in 35 years old.
Is 55 "very old" in Vietnam? If so, you might have a case. Maybe you should make clear that your argument applies to societies where people are expected to die before 60.
Even so, that could still give them 25 happy years together.

But husband is still young and attracted.
Yes, or he could have fallen under a bus at 29.

We can see some example of others such as Cameron Diaz -35 years old and Juntin Timberlake -24 years old or Madonna- a famous singers, who have a lot of young husbands and date with young man. But those relationships are a temporary and easy to break up.

If these relationships are meant to be temporary, then they are not good examples to give against marriage.

Please ask me some questions about my topic and i will practice answering them.
thanks a lot for your concerning.:):)
OK, there are some questions to think about. You can answer them if you like.
Here are some arguments for women marrying a much younger man:
- if you don't want to live a long time as a widow, the younger the man you marry, the more likely you are to die before him.
- you will be financially secure in old age because, when you are 70, he is 50 and still working.

nice_bear

Member Type
Student or Learner
oh, sorry. I do not understand this sentence:"or he could have fallen under a bus at 29."
can you explain it for me?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
oh, sorry. I do not understand this sentence:"or he could have fallen under a bus at 29."
can you explain it for me?
It means that the outcome you describe is only one of many possible outcomes. If the man fell under a bus (or was hit by a car) and died when he was 29, none of the bad events you mentioned would occur.
You are presenting your case as if all these things you say are inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.