[Essay] Letter to City Councilor about park problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducati748

Member Type
Student or Learner
Councilor,
Sir/Madam I am sending this letter to you informing you about the problems with our local park. First off I am a single mother of two children. We live on White Oak Road, just two blocks from the park. We frequent the park at least six days a week. I have two big concerns with the park.
The first major concern I have is we do not have a leash law in our town. More and more people are moving in around the area. Along with all of those new people are their pets, which most families have. I have no issues with that but it increases the dangers of the park with no leash laws. Just the other day I saw a large dog attacking a smaller dog in the park. It was almost a minute before the dog owner got the bigger dog off the smaller dog, it had blood all over the smaller dog’s neck but it did not seem that bad. This is just one instance of this but from talking to the rest of my neighborhood they are concerned with this issue as well. We would like to see the leash law in place before a child or anyone else gets attacked by the dogs around the park.
The second area for concern is the shape of the play equipment on the park. The equipment is getting very run down and looking very dangerous to play on. Just last week the jungle gym collapsed when there were three kids playing on it. They did not get hurt from it since they were on the lower part of the bars. They could have gotten really injured if they were on the top of the bars. I think it would be wise to make a small contract for someone to come out and inspect the park every month or so to verify that everything is safe and will not cause any harm to anyone that plays in the park. Also in the contract for them to rebuild whatever is unsafe to play on so the park stays nice for everyone’s use in the neighborhood. Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing your ideas and fixes.

Single Mother

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Serbian
Home Country
Serbia
Current Location
Serbia
I am writing this letter to inform you about the problem in our local park. First of all, I am a single mother of two children. We live on White Oak Road,(you don't need just) two blocks from the park. We go to thethe park at least six days a week. I have two big concerns with the park.(I don't understand this one).
The first major concern I have is that there is no leash law in the town. More and more people are moving in around the areawith pets that most families have. I have no issues with that, but not having the leash law increases the danger in the park. A few days ago I saw a big dog attacking a small one in the park. It was almost a minute before the dog owner got the bigdog off the small one, which neck was in blood. This is just one instance. However, my neighborhood is concerned with the issue as well. We would appreciate implementing the leash law before a child or anyone else gets attacked by a doginthe park.
The second issue of concern is the playground features in the park. The features are getting very old and, therefore very dangerous to play on.Lastweek the jungle gym collapsed when there were three kids playing on it. Fortunately they did not get hurt since they were on the lower part of the bars. They could have gotten really injured if they were on the top of the bars.In my opinionit is necessary to put some regulations according to which a competent person would visit the part every month, in order to check whether the park is safe and will not cause any harm to anyone that plays in the park.Further on, the municipality should be obligedto rebuild everything that is unsafe in order to have a nice park where neighborhood will spend its free time.
Thank you in advance, and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Since you have already pointed out that you are a single mother, it would be good to write your name at the end of the letter.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I reckon 'playground equipment' is more appropriate than 'playground features'.

They could have gotten really injured
This sounds rather colloquial, doesn't it?

..it is necessary to put some regulations according to which a competent person would visit the part every month, in order to check whether the park is safe and will not cause any harm to anyone that plays in the park.

it is necessary to put in place some regulations which require a competent person to carry out monthly inspections of the park to ensure that the facilities are safe for use.

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Councilor,
Sir/Madam I am sending this letter to you informing you about the problems with our local park. First off I am a single mother of two children. We live on White Oak Road, just two blocks from the park. We frequent the park at least six days a week. I have two big concerns with the park.
The first major concern I have is we do not have a leash law in our town. More and more people are moving in around the area. Along with all of those new people are their pets, which most families have. I have no issues with that but it increases the dangers of the park with no leash laws. Just the other day I saw a large dog attacking a smaller dog in the park. It was almost a minute before the dog owner got the bigger dog off the smaller dog, it had blood all over the smaller dog’s neck but it did not seem that bad. This is just one instance of this but from talking to the rest of my neighborhood they are concerned with this issue as well. We would like to see the leash law in place before a child or anyone else gets attacked by the dogs around the park.
The second area for concern is the shape of the play equipment on the park. The equipment is getting very run down and looking very dangerous to play on. Just last week the jungle gym collapsed when there were three kids playing on it. They did not get hurt from it since they were on the lower part of the bars. They could have gotten really injured if they were on the top of the bars. I think it would be wise to make a small contract for someone to come out and inspect the park every month or so to verify that everything is safe and will not cause any harm to anyone that plays in the park. Also in the contract for them to rebuild whatever is unsafe to play on so the park stays nice for everyone’s use in the neighborhood. Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing your ideas and fixes.

Single Mother
Councilor,
Sir/Madam I am writing to you to inform you about some problems with our local park. I am a single mother of two children and we live on White Oak Road, just two blocks from the park. We use it at least six days a week and I am concerned about two issues:
Firstly, we do not have a leash law in our town and more and more people with pets are moving into the area. I have no problem about people having pets but with no leash laws it is becoming dangerous. Just the other day I saw a large dog attacking a smaller dog in the park. It was almost a minute before the dog owner got the bigger dog off the smaller dog, there was blood all over the smaller dog’s neck but luckily it did not seem that bad. This is just one instance, but after talking to others in my neighborhood, I have discovered that many people are as concerned about this issue as I am. We would like to see a leash law in place before a child, or anyone else, gets attacked by the dogs around the park.
The second area for concern is the shape of the play equipment in the park. The equipment is getting very run down and looking very dangerous to play on. Just last week the jungle gym collapsed when there were three kids playing on it. They did not get hurt since they were on the lower part of the bars, but they could have gotten really injured if they had been on the top of the bars. I think it would be wise to make a small contract for the park to be inspected, every month or so, to verify that everything is safe and will not cause any harm to anyone that plays in the park. The contractor could also rebuild whatever is unsafe to play on, so the park stays nice to use for everyone in the neighborhood. Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing your ideas and solutions.

Single Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.