[Essay] a reading report

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolooko

Member Type
Student or Learner
It wil not be submitted anywhere (only to me), but I would be happy if you correct my writing.

Heart regeneration in adult MRL mice
One of the author is Heber-Katz ,who appeared in the article that I used as a teaching material.

BrdUrd seems a maker of S phase of cell cycle. So the not injured part of the heart is not stained. I see.

Myocardial injury is cryogenically induced. cryo may mean very cold.

On the second try, I easily understood "Surgical procedure." It's wonderful. I'm proud of me. The cryoprobe was applied indirectly (on the diaphragm). Puncturing the diaphragm may weaken mices (they had to live for 60days more.)

They show histological sections of immunostained hearts, cell counting results(mitotic index), echocardiography, and collagen expression(protein and RNA).

Angkor Wat
from useEnglish

"from the 9th to the 14 th centuries, when Europe was still struggling out of Dark Ages, the Cambodian Empire of Angkor covered most of present-day Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and Thiland."

Its heart during 12th is Angkor Thom(not Angkor Wat).

In Angkor Wat statues, sculptures and reliefs have weathered extremely little.

You can obitain Visas on arrival at Siem Reap international Airport(1 photo per person needs).

I sould have used this article when I had a presentation before an English teacher.

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN
Why would a trained Orca kill a human?
Killer whales can do echolocation. They could find a BB in the bottom of a pool.

I couldn't get what I had wanted to know. That killer whale was about to eat the woman? What did it want do?

Dean Kamen
filmed Mar 2007
It is just a bit old. I want to know what the latest prosthetic arms can do with people. I already know about myoelectric prosthesis(It appears in "Elfenlied"). It is not like real human's arms. Very incovenient.

Many soldiers in U.S come back missing arms. 1600 miss on full arm, two dozen miss bilateral arms.

He said nuts about ideal prosthetic arms that a person at the Department of Defence wanted. I think so. It's almost impossible.

Accordint to him, a human arm has 21 degrees of freedom. Really?

I want to know the current situation of this arm, which appreared in a movie in the end.

Slate
How strong is a chimpanzee?
I couldn't find a thing exactly the same as what I wanted. How different humans and chimpanzees are in terms of molecular biology and gross anatomy. But it's interesting to some extent.

Jules Verne's "The mysterious Island" is what Nadia was modeled after. I was surprised when I was reading.

They are stronger than humans not by a factor of five are anything close to it, but one and a half or two sounds very convincing.

Jennifer ANTM cycle 13 interview
She was one of the most oldest girls (23 years old), so she was somehow isolated, especially in final four (others were under 20, if I remember rightly).

She said that she did 'extra' work to get her SAG card.(SAG: Screen Actors Guild) I want know what it is. She is SAG-eligible now(if it has continued since this interview) . To getting actors or actresses is so tough that a very few people can succeed.

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN
Why does NASA Launch space shuttles from such a weather-beaten place?
I couldn't fully understand this article.

it seems that places close to the equator are suitable for launch sites.

The space station is put in an orbit which is very inclined, so Russa can reach it easily, but U.S can not. Roger Launius, a senior curator at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, said this made it not really useful to us to go to the moon. Interesting!

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN
Does the U.S. Produce too many scientists?

Someone says something like "U.S. students is not necessarily better than Asian students such as Japanese students from the statistical point of view, but among those with the top socres americans has a large propotion and in addition, americans "are free thinkers" ". He or she implies Asian students spend many years of their lives only memorizing books, but Americans don't. It sounds partially ture, but I don't absolutely agree.

kolooko

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you very much for your very close correcting!

I post a revised version which follws your adivice.

I realized that I made many easy mistakes, like mistyping, so I should have reviewed my writing before posting.

Using parenthesis is my taste, even in my native language. I think you found it unnatural, so I will avoid it after this.

Heart regeneration in adult MRL mice
One of the authors is Heber-Katz ,who appeared in the article that I used as a teaching material.

BrdUrd is a maker of S phase of cell cycle. So the uninjured part of the heart is not stained. I see.

Myocardial injury is cryogenically induced. Cryo means very cold.

On the second try, I easily understood "Surgical procedure." It's wonderful. I'm proud of me. The cryoprobe was applied indirectly (on the diaphragm). Puncturing the diaphragm may weaken mice (they had to live for 60days more.)

They show histological sections of immunostained hearts, cell counting results (mitotic index), echocardiography, and collagen expression (protein and RNA).

Angkor Wat
from useEnglish

"from the 9th to the 14 th centuries, when Europe was still struggling out of the Dark Ages, the Cambodian Empire of Angkor covered most of present-day Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and Thailand."

Its heart during the 12th was Angkor Thom, not Angkor Wat.

In Angkor Wat statues, sculptures and reliefs have extremely weathered extremely little.

You can obitain Visason arrival at Siem Reap international Airport (1 photo per person is required).

I sould have used this article when I had a presentation before an English teacher.

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN
Why would a trained Orca kill a human?
Killer whales can do echolocation. They can find a BB in the bottom of a pool.

I couldn't find I had wanted to know. That killer whale was about to eat the woman? What did it want to do?

Dean Kamen
filmed Mar 2007
It is just a bit old. I want to know what the latest prosthetic arms can do for people. I already know about myoelectric prosthesis (It appears in "Elfenlied"). It is not like a real human's arm. Very inconvenient.

Many U.S soldiers come back missing arms. 1,600 miss one full arm, two dozen missing both arms.

He said nuts about ideal prosthetic arms that a person at the Department of Defence wanted. I think so. It's almost impossible.

According to him, a human arm has 21 degrees of freedom. Really?

I want to know the current situation of this arm, which appreared in a movie at the end.

Slate
How strong is a chimpanzee?
I couldn't find a thing exactly the same as what I wanted. How different humans and chimpanzees are in terms of molecular biology and gross anatomy. But it's interesting to some extent.

Jules Verne's "The Mysterious Island" is what Nadia was modeled after. I was surprised when I was reading.

They are stronger than humans, not by a factor of five or anything close to it, but one and a half or two sounds very convincing.

Jennifer ANTM cycle 13 interview
She was one of the most oldest girls at 23 years old, so she was somehow isolated, especially in final four, the others were under 20, if I remember rightly.

She said that she did 'extra' work to get her SAG card.(SAG: Screen Actors Guild) I want know what it is. She is SAG-eligible now (if it has continued since this interview) . Getting to be an actor or actress is so tough that a very few people can succeed.

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN
Why does NASA Launch space shuttles from such a weather-beaten place?

it seems that places close to the equator are suitable for launch sites.

The space station is put in an orbit which is very inclined, so Russa can reach it easily, but U.S can not. Roger Launius, a senior curator at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, said this made it not really useful to us to go to the moon. Interesting!

SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN
Does the U.S. Produce too many scientists?

Someone says something like "U.S. students are not necessarily better than Asian students, such as Japanese students from the statistical point of view, but among those with the top scores Americans has a large propotion and in addition, Americans "are free thinkers" ". He or she implies Asian students spend many years of their lives only memorizing books, but Americans don't. It sounds partially true, but I don't absolutely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.