Student or Learner
What are the meanings of the following highlighted phrases?
1) Keeping worried bottled up inside doesn't make them go away. Sharing them can help.
2) You have gone off on your best friends because you were having a bad day.
3) He can be so wrapped up in their problem.
(An article talking about the man is having problem with his wife that they are going to split up.)
Tks / ju
1. To keep one's emotions (usually negative) contained; unable or unwilling to find emotional or physical release in acknowledgement of the negative emotion.
The negative emotions include grief, anger, jealousy, hate, sadness etc.
2. Disinterested with best friends.
However, in the context of marital strife, I would use, "so wrapped up" to mean "preoccupied".
He can be so preoccupied with their problem.
Last edited by magimagicE; 12-Apr-2010 at 17:39.