Class of two 3-year-olds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alavoce54

Member Type
English Teacher
I'm living in Spain and teaching a 40-minute English class to two 3-year-old boys once a week. One of them is what you would call a difficult child (only wants to do what he wants to do, tells me when we will be done with certain actitivies, etc.). The other somestimes doesn't understand that I'm trying to teach them English, or that I speak another language, and tells me that I "speak bad" (lol).

I've having major issues trying to figure out activities for them. I know that I won't be able to do serious English lessons, and especially for 40 minutes. They lose their interest really fast and don't like coloring. They like playing with play-doh, but I can never get them to make certain things (eg. I say "make a blue cat" and they don't listen and make whatever they want out of whatever color they want). They also get bored when I read them storybooks, and translate them into Spanish, and point out what certain things in the pictures are called.

Any suggestions??? I'm dying!! Thanks!!

faryan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
i know what do u mean,they are some times so stubborn and gonna drive u crazy,it's not important how much they are able to understand u or how they treat u,i suggest to look in a different way,just want them to be happy and feel at ease with u,i bet u'r a man,and a little novice,u should firstly try to be their friend,then increase the time of ur class,1hour,two days a week,make them miss u when they're away of them.but a very basic Q:aren't they very small?are thay able to speak their mother tounge?i'm 27 but i've been teaching for 11 years,i started teaching to 3-4 years old students but now to teens and adults ,some times to children,u should avoid them to become tired of ur class,this is the worst thing that can happen to a teacher and his class.

I'm living in Spain and teaching a 40-minute English class to two 3-year-old boys once a week. One of them is what you would call a difficult child (only wants to do what he wants to do, tells me when we will be done with certain actitivies, etc.). The other somestimes doesn't understand that I'm trying to teach them English, or that I speak another language, and tells me that I "speak bad" (lol).

I've having major issues trying to figure out activities for them. I know that I won't be able to do serious English lessons, and especially for 40 minutes. They lose their interest really fast and don't like coloring. They like playing with play-doh, but I can never get them to make certain things (eg. I say "make a blue cat" and they don't listen and make whatever they want out of whatever color they want). They also get bored when I read them storybooks, and translate them into Spanish, and point out what certain things in the pictures are called.

Any suggestions??? I'm dying!! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.