Student or Learner
1) What is felt pen? Is it the same as ball-point pen? What are their difference?
2) Shall I say ball pen, ball point pen or ball-point pen?
3) Shall I say felt pen or felt-tip pen?
4) What are the differences between sign pen & marker pen?
Tks / ju
2) I always say ballpoint pen (no hyphen).
3) There is a little difference between a felt pen and a felt-tipped pen. To me, a felt pen is used for simple writing and has a thinner nib. In the UK "felt tips" (as we call them colloquially) are usually thicker. They are the kind of pens used by children for colouring pictures.
4) I've never heard the phrase "sign pen". The very thick pens used to write on whiteboards or flipcharts are called "marker pens" (in the UK).