bar hop,holds the true measure of your worth ,wrapped up in his perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ju

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I am reading an article about relationship, may I know the meanings of those phrases have been highligted as follow?

1. to meet people you USED to do in the past like bar hop, or go hit the town with your single girlfriends

2. He is obviously not the one who holds the true measure of your worth and he can neither give you your worth , nor can he take it away.

3. You're so wrapped up in his perspective, what he's doing, his feelings, his emotions and his desires (or lack thereof) that you've all but forgotten about something WAY MORE IMPORTANT. What YOU really want.

4. I'll take a wild guess here and bet that the kind of guy that you truly want isn't a guy who is going to freak out or act distant just because ..

5. Ever noticed that lots of men fall right to sleep or act like they're off somewhere else after sex?

6. they want to FEEL their desire for a woman inside their whole body, emotionally driving them, and for it to be undeniable and unrelenting.

Tks / ju

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am reading an article about relationship, may I know the meanings of those phrases have been highligted as follow?

1. to meet people you USED to do in the past like bar hop, or go hit the town with your single girlfriends
I believe that this is what (in the UK) is called a "pub crawl". You go to one bar after another in one evening, visiting as many as possible.

2. He is obviously not the one who holds the true measure of your worth and he can neither give you your worth , nor can he take it away.
I would say this means that this person does not know your true value (as a person, not financially).

3. You're so wrapped up in his perspective, what he's doing, his feelings, his emotions and his desires (or lack thereof) that you've all but forgotten about something WAY MORE IMPORTANT. What YOU really want.
You are only thinking about things from his point of view, instead of how you really feel.

4. I'll take a wild guess here and bet that the kind of guy that you truly want isn't a guy who is going to freak out or act distant just because ..
To "freak out" means to go a little crazy, either through surprise or shock or fear.

5. Ever noticed that lots of men fall right to sleep or act like they're off somewhere else after sex?
To "fall right to sleep" means to fall asleep immediately. We don't really use it in the UK, I think it's more an American useage.

6. they want to FEEL their desire for a woman inside their whole body, emotionally driving them, and for it to be undeniable and unrelenting.
Never stopping, never giving up.

Tks / ju

Notes are in blue above.

Status
Not open for further replies.