present tense or future tense

Status
Not open for further replies.

羡鱼-Xianyu

Member Type
Student or Learner
What time does(will) your coffee shop open/close tomorrow?

Dear all,
Why did the above sentence use present tense instead of future tense? As we know, 'tomorrow' is one of symbols of 'future tense'. Thus, in my humble opinion, this sentence might be wrong.

Anyone's point is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS: If you find any errors in my English, point them out without hesitation, please?:)

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
羡鱼-Xianyu;592811 said:
What time does(will) your coffee shop open/close tomorrow?

Dear all,
Why did(does) the above sentence use (the) present tense instead of future tense? As we know, 'tomorrow' is one of symbols (the indication) of 'future tense'. Thus, in my humble opinion, this sentence might be wrong.

Anyone's point is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS: If you find any errors in my English, (could you) point them out without hesitation, please?:)

This present tense used is correct. Present tense is used for actions which are carried out on a regular basis. The shop opens and closes on fixed days every week. So when you are asking whether it is open tomorrow, you are asking about its schedule/routine.

羡鱼-Xianyu

Member Type
Student or Learner
This present tense used is correct. Present tense is used for actions which are carried out on a regular basis. The shop opens and closes on fixed days every week. So when you are asking whether it is open tomorrow, you are asking about its schedule/routine.
Good afternoon, tedtmc
Thank you for your help and correction. I got it totally. What you said is what I was thinking.:)

In this forum, I'm really happy to meet a member whose native language is Chinese. Nice to meet you!

再次说声谢谢!;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.