Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Croatian
Home Country
Croatia
Current Location
Croatia
I'm writing a little essay about tourism in my country (Croatia). Could you please tell me your opinion about it and check my grammar cause I know it is bad.

Despite many setbacks in Croatia nowadays tourism is the only thing we can rely on. Even though we have a beautiful coast and so many things to offer we do not know how to use it well.

It is not difficult to find arguments in favor of tourism. Croatia is small country but it can offer very fascinating services for tourist. It is known that Croatia disposes with a large amount of beautiful islands which can be used to attract tourists. Last but not least we have developed our customs which we can represent to tourists. The most positive side of tourism in Croatia is that it can help us to exit recession and to get back on our feet.

On the other hand tourism can bring bad effects. At first it can damage our landscape badly. Moreover it is argued if tourism brings anything good except money. However many experts predict that tourists and tourism will destroy aboriginals and their habitat. The worst effect of tourism is changing structure of population. Many foreigners are coming in Croatia and staying here for a lifetime.

It has many natural resources which can help us to develop even more. It is necessary evil for Croatia because it is in debt and it needs as much help as it can get. If we manage to make the most of it, we would start to develop our industry.

english-nz

Member Type
Other
Despite many setbacks in Croatia nowadays tourism is the only thing we can rely on.

Despite many setbacks in recent years, tourism has become increasingly important to Croatia.

english-nz

Member Type
Other
It is known that Croatia disposes with a large amount of beautiful islands which can be used to attract tourists.

Croatia has lots of beautiful islands which could attract many tourists, in much the same way as the Greek islands.

english-nz

Member Type
Other
However many experts predict that tourists and tourism will destroy aboriginals and their habitat.

Many people argue that tourism can actually damage the local culture, changing the landscape and displacing the native people.

dado1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Croatian
Home Country
Croatia
Current Location
Croatia
Status
Not open for further replies.