Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Germany
Hello Everyone.
I am looking for phrases that might be used in the context when you want to ask something from someone and at the same time is something that has to be done but it is not so important and it could be ok if it is done after a couple of days/weeks.

So I am looking for phrases that could be used in that context. Here are what I thought so far.

...there is something that I want to ask you but as it is not so important (I do not like important here it is a too strong word) we can do it in the few days/weeks.

..I do not want to put any pressure on you but could you please help me with the following?

..I need your help concerning ... but it does not require immediate handling. So please help when you might have free time (if any).

Which of the three sentences do you think reflects what I am trying to say?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help
Best Regards
Alex.

skype2teach

Member Type
English Teacher
Hello Alex

You might like to try something along these lines, it's polite and but effective.

"I was wondering if you could help me with _______________?"

"when you have time, would it be ok if I asked for some help from you with something?"

"If it's not too much trouble, could I ask a favour?"

Hope this helps.

Simon

dervast

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Germany
"when you have time, would it be ok if I asked for some help from you with something?"

Thanks for the feedback. I think this sentence would be better if remove the from you
when you have time, would it be ok if I asked for some help with something?"
I think from you there is does not add anything to the sentece as I believe that the from you is implied. Is that true?
Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.