View Poll Results: How many languages do you speak?

Voters
235. This poll is closed

19 8.09%

65 27.66%

66 28.09%

47 20.00%

13 5.53%
  • More than 5

25 10.64%
Page 9 of 14 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last
    Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by luckychris
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    My mind's gone blank- I'll come back to you after coffee.
    Who will you come back to?to me? :wink:
    Maybe he is still drinking coffee. He should be wide awake by now. :wink:

Re:
    • I would appreciate it if you would correct any mistakes in all my sentences including this one.

I suggest:
    • I would appreciate it if you would correct any mistakes in my sentences, including this one.

:)

Other
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium
    I speak Italian (it's my primary language) English (well,at least I try to... :) ) and French (not too fluently). I'd like to give Spanish a try since a good 60% of it is like italian..we'll see :?
    Since they are both Romance languages, Spanish and Italian are quite similar in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentium
    I speak Italian (it's my primary language) English (well,at least I try to... :) ) and French (not too fluently). I'd like to give Spanish a try since a good 60% of it is like italian..we'll see :?
    Since they are both Romance languages, Spanish and Italian are quite similar in many ways.

Yes, same for French. That's probably the reason why I had a hard time learning German...(and I eventually gave up); when it comes to languages that are not related to latin I'm lost

4. cherish
    I can speak my mother language(of course), English, little French and Chinese. And I tend to study Japan, but I really can't speak any of them fluently. I appreciate for your correction in my post

I speak French (my native language) and English. I used to learn Spanish at school, but I wasn't very diligent. I focused on English instead
    Now, I would like to get a basic understanding of a third language, and I don't know if I'll go on with Spanish or if I'll take up German. The latter might be more useful for me eg. for computer science or chess books. It often looks like English too
    But Spanish would definitely be easier, especially for a Frenchie.

FRC

Re: How many languages do you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Red5
    Indicate how many languages you speak by voting, and then describe what they are.
    I speak English, Cantonese, (not so good) Mandarin, and some French. I really want to learn Japanese but I don’t have the time right now and also I have to improve my English writing skills, so that I can pass LPI and take first year English in UBC. So too bad… Well English is more important.

Re: How many languages do you speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Red5
    Indicate how many languages you speak by voting, and then describe what they are.
    I speak English, Cantonese, (not so good) Mandarin, and some French. I really want to learn Japanese but I don’t have the time right now and also I have to improve my English writing skills, so that I can pass LPI and take first year English in UBC. So too bad… Well English is more important.

Hm...does the native tongue count?
    If so, I speak three languages: English, German and Russian.
    ...I'm a native Russian.

8. Masfer
    Quote Originally Posted by manifold
    Hm...does the native tongue count?
    If so, I speak three languages: English, German and Russian.
    ...I'm a native Russian.
    Of course the native tongue counts ! Otherwise I would just speak one language :wink:

Sometimes I feel it would be still better if I spoke only one single language (that would be of course Russian :D ), because it's a bit of a salad in my head sometimes...but...no one can challenge today's world without a second...third and fourth...language. The more languages you know the better...No, I'm still happy to be able to speak several tongues! :D

Page 9 of 14 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last