[Vocabulary] webshooter / help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Other
Hi,

I'm trying to understand what "webshooter" is, but I can't find it it any dictionary :-( Could you please explain it or give a definition of this word?
It was used in "Total English" Students' Book (Advanced), Unit 4.

Thanx

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi smartie Warsaw,

That wrist gadget to shoot webs used by Spiderman?

Might you write the sentence in “Total English" Students' Book”?

Thanks.

José Manuel Rosón Bravo

Susan612

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I'm trying to understand what "webshooter" is, but I can't find it it any dictionary :-( Could you please explain it or give a definition of this word?
It was used in "Total English" Students' Book (Advanced), Unit 4.

Thanx

I don't have the textbook, so could you provide a little more context? Just guessing, it sounds as if it might have something to do with spiders or maybe Spider-Man, who shoots webs from his wrists.

Member Type
Other
I don't have the textbook, so could you provide a little more context? Just guessing, it sounds as if it might have something to do with spiders or maybe Spider-Man, who shoots webs from his wrists.

Yes, you're right! it's got to do with Spider-Man. It's from the text "How to Be a Superhero:

"The US Army has developed a device for the New York police, which acts like Spider-Man's webshooter.The victim caught in the net stands no chance of escape as the nets come in three varieties:..... These crime-stopping devices are bound to cause some sticky problems for New York ciriminals!"

Status
Not open for further replies.