Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

[FONT=&quot]Hello,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:-D
[/FONT]

I chose to do some general study at home since I have the time and tools. But the problem which ruins this motivation is, not sure if I should call it laziness or lack of energy and willingness to practice. I made a daily schedule but it's not helping???:-|

I try to make my free day as if I am at college and study extra hard to be able to See some improvements. Yet, I don’t get to achieve my potentials goals and thus, I rarely see any progress in my English learning. I used to enjoy study routines but now I became a little busier with some occasional stuff so I tend to forget about my scheduled study routine, lose track of it. Having said that, I don’t want to waste time rather, use it in reading more books and building my English vocabulary; regarding my English vocab I have some great ways to learn though I don’t practice on them, example: like the English word bank.
I want some advice on whether setting a study routine can get a bit loosen and become boring or/and too strict for me? How can I use my everyday free time to study effectively and make enjoyable at the same time? I thank-you in advance.
Cheers,:up:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Are you sure it's not helping? It's much easier to measure and see progress when you are in the early stages of a language, when you can track moving from not knowing to knowing, but as you progress, it can get harder to see how much (or little) you are improving.

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
I am learning English with my two children and family responsibility. How I manage in my daily schedule is as follows

1. I keep talking to me in English while doing the Household chores. Soon I find difficult to express myself to me, I write down immediately on a paper hanging on the fridge.
2. While my son is taking evening classes I keep speaking the people around in English only.
3. I leave all the voice messages in English so I get practice that time also.
4. I grab every piece of English while commuting by the train or shopping in a mall as every where there would be one or the other thing on TV or on Radio you can always hear in English
5. Recently I started writing articles and sharing it with my friends. So I feel motivated after getting their responses…I review them many times and then get reviewed by some one else who is good in English before sending them to my friends.
6. I grab a book before entering into the toilet in the morning and my children has learn to wait for me at this time :)

7. I don't worry about the result as I believe that efforts never goes waste.

I hope you will get motivated.

Please correct my English here.

Thanks & Regards
Gauri

Rocky

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Are you sure it's not helping? It's much easier to measure and see progress when you are in the early stages of a language, when you can track moving from not knowing to knowing, but as you progress, it can get harder to see how much (or little) you are improving.
Yeah,that's absolutely true. Actually, I wouldn't say that it's not help;but I don't end up following it.That's the issue here. :lol:

I am learning English with my two children and managing family responsibility. How I manage in my daily schedule is as follows

1. I keep talking to myself (hope it's right) in English while doing the Household chores. Soon I find it difficult to express myself to me, I write down immediately on apaper hanging on the fridge.

2. While my son is taking evening classes I speak only in English to the people around.

:?:

4. I grab every piece of English while commuting by the train or shopping in a mall,as every where there would be one or the other thing on TV or on Radio you can always hear in English
:?:

5. Recently I started writing articles and sharing it with my friends. So I feel motivated after getting their responses…I review them many times and then get reviewed by some one else who is good in English before sending them to my friends.

6. I grab a book before entering into the toilet in the morning and my children has learn to wait for me at this time :)

Good on ya! :up: That is very motivating for a house wife and a mother.Not many mothers /house wives are like you. I suppose us females are multitask.:cool: Do you have specific time for study? or do you study whenever you are available? I think I have plenty of time but I don't know how, and where, to use it. :-?

I am not an English teacher,but I volunteered to fix what I think should be,THE REST OF THE SENTENCES ARE challenging for me. :lol: I hope you don't mind.;-) So tell me,what types of articles do you enjoy to write?

Thanks for you help.

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
I am explaining again the point 3, 4 and 5. Please correct if possible for you this time

When ever I call up some one and find that it is going in Voice mail, I avail this opportunity as to practice English :)

4. I grab every piece of English while commuting by the train or shopping in a mall as every where there would be one or the other thing on TV or on Radio you can always hear in English

While driving I switch on The FM and listen the news. While shopping I listen the adds in TV which are there in the shops.

I write on what I see in my daily life as it is easy for a beginner to narrate what one see. Recently I wrote one "Guest's comfort in a clean house vs dirty house". Currently I am writing on Honesty.

It takes me a month to complete one article as I write in portions depending on my available time.

I don't have specific time to read but I keep handy what I need to read when ever time is available. It could be ten minutes :)

Rocky

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
3.When I call someone I leave only English voice messages,I also take an advantage of practicing English. (I hope it's right)

When ever I call up someone and find that he/she is has voice mail/answering machine on, I avail this opportunity as to practice English speaking :)

4. I grab every piece of English while commuting by the train or shopping in a mall. As there would be everywhere one or the other things on,either TV or Radio, you can always hear English.

While driving I switch on the FM radio and listen the news. While shopping I watch and listen to the adds on TV which are there in the shops.:?:

5. Recently I started writing articles and sharing it with my friends. I feel motivated after getting their responses.I review them many times and then get them reviewed by someone else who is good at English before sending them to my friends.

I write on what I see in my daily life as it is easy for a beginner to narrate what one see. Recently I wrote one "Guest's comfort in a clean house vs dirty house". Currently I am writing on Honesty.

It takes me a month to complete one article as I write in portions depending on my available time.

I don't have specific time to read but I keep handy what I need to read when ever time is available. It could be ten minutes :)

I corrected what I think is right!:-o Still an English learner lol;-)

Maybe I should start writing too.I used to write journals but then I quitted for some reason. I am aiming to start writing again for self expression.

I recommend that you do more of English grammar work-focus on adverbs and sentence structure.In order for your English to become better and your sentences to flow.You'll find many of these books in your local library.

Good luck!

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
oh thanks you so much. I will work on adverb , English Grammar and sentence structures....thanks for being so specific.

The Majesty

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

u must put go becuse, it is plural

Please correct my English here.

Thanks & Regards
Gauri

Wow u are really a great man u did well and u gave me special kind of motivate.

what I recommand u just keep going u will reach soon your aim, if not today absolutely, it will be tomorrow

Best wishes

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Thanks Majesty for correction and compliment

Warm Regards
Gauri

Rocky

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
WOW! you are a really great man.You did well,you gave me a special kind of motivation.

What I recommend you is to keep going and you will soon reach you goal.If not today then absolutely tomorrow.

Best wishes

YO MAJESTY! Since I become an english teacher,why don't you let me correct your engliziya.:?:

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.