[Essay] Please correct my grammar. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tes

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States
My first driving experience

I was really excited when my dad taught me how to drive at the age of seventeen. When I actually started the first turn on the road, I realized that driving was not easy for me.

Since that time, I had told myself that I should not drive so fast on the road because I might get an accident. Gradually I started to get over it and I've learnt to be more careful while driving. I had new responsibilities like most adults, and I came to a realization that I had lived through one of the most important events in the process of growing up. This event opened up many possibilities for me such as interests in cars, driving skill improvement, and freedom.

That day was one of the most memorable because of the feelings I had when I learnt driving, the opportunities that were opened up for me and the long lasting benefits that I received from it that still exist today.

albertino

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
My first driving experience

I was really excited when my dad taught me how to drive at the age of seventeen. When I actually started the first turn on the road, I realized that driving was not easy for me.

Since that time(then), I had(have) told myself that I should not drive so fast on the road because I might get an accident. Gradually I started to get(have been getting) over it and have learnt to be more careful while driving. I had(have) new responsibilities like most adults, and I came to a realization(realise) that I had(have) lived through one of the most important events in the process of growing up. This event (has) opened up many possibilities for me such as interests in cars, driving skill improvement, and freedom.

That day is one of the most memorable (events in my life) because of the feelings I have when learning to drive, the opportunities that have been opened up for me and the long lasting benefits acquired that still exist until today.

(Mind you, I'm not a teacher but wish to induce others to come forward with valuable contributions.):-D

Tes

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States
Thank you so much for correcting my writing!! You definitely did great contributions. Please keep on!

leonwool

Member Type
Student or Learner
My feeling is that there is a danger here of entering the realms of doing your homework. I am happy to do that if you pay me :)

Otherwise please start a sensible discussion with a good question. - Leon Wooldridge

Tes

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States
I pay you respect!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.