Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
I'm writing new lyrics but I'm not sure if the following sentences are correct or not...

1. "When you're near, I feel so warm." << Is this one OK? it sounds ok in my opinion though.
2. Should I say "You are near, when I'm afraid." or "When you are near, I'm afraid." or neither are correct (I want it to sound like she's always beside me when there's something makes me afraid, but I want the word "near" and make the sentence get shorter).

Thank you so much

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm writing new lyrics but I'm not sure if the following sentences are correct or not...

1. "When you're near, I feel so warm." << Is this one OK? it sounds ok in my opinion though.
2. Should I say "You are near, when I'm afraid." or "When you are near, I'm afraid." or neither are correct (I want it to sound like she's always beside me when there's something makes me afraid, but I want the word "near" and make the sentence get shorter).

Thank you so much

Sentence 1 is fine.

The problem you have with sentence 2 is that in both of your examples (especially the second one), it sounds like the reason that you're afraid is because the other person is near! It sounds like she frightens you! I haven't been able to come up with something shorter that also includes the word "near".

Pana Topoonyanont

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Sentence 1 is fine.

The problem you have with sentence 2 is that in both of your examples (especially the second one), it sounds like the reason that you're afraid is because the other person is near! It sounds like she frightens you! I haven't been able to come up with something shorter that also includes the word "near".

Thank you so much! Don't worry about the second one. It's just optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.