Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Dear all,

i am writeing some sentences but i have some doubts about all these sentences. if these sentences are wrong. please give me write one for same meaning.

1. One pice of Passholder I taken from store because my passholder broken.So Collect a pice of passholder from Thomas and replace it to store.

2. I was in deep sleep when they entered room and disrubed me.

3. i had experinced, simply sitting at home without job is very tough.

4. He is only who bought me to here and seached this job for me.

engtut

Member Type
Other
1. One pice of Passholder I taken from store because my passholder broken.So Collect a pice of passholder from Thomas and replace it to store.
(The Pass holder* that I bought was broken, so I got the broken piece from Thomas and had it replaced at the store where I bought it.)

I was in deep sleep when they entered room and disrubed me.
(I was sleeping soundly when they disturbed me by coming into my room.)

i had experinced, simply sitting at home without job is very tough.
(I have a tough experience of being jobless and just sitting at home.) (I experienced how tough it is to be jobless;
just sitting at home doing nothing.)

He is only who bought me to here and seached this job for me.
(He was the one who brought me here and found me this job.)

Hope this helps somehow.
* I'm not really sure what a "Passholder"
is...sorry.

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Re: are these sentences right?

thank you nice efforts but i didnt get right answer..

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: are these sentences right?

thank you nice efforts but i didnt get right answer..

You asked for one corrected version of each sentence, which the last poster provided. What else are you looking for?

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
(The Pass holder* that I bought was broken, so I got the broken piece from Thomas and had it replaced at the store where I bought it.)

I was in deep sleep when they entered room and disrubed me.
(I was sleeping soundly when they disturbed me by coming into my room.)

i had experinced, simply sitting at home without job is very tough.
(I have a tough experience of being jobless and just sitting at home.) (I experienced how tough it is to be jobless; just sitting at home doing nothing.)

He is only who bought me to here and seached this job for me.
(He was the one who brought me here and found me this job.)

Hope this helps somehow.
* I'm not really sure what a "Passholder" is...sorry.

my question meaning.

1. i have a passholder but its brokened,so i took a pice of passholder from our stock. but tommrrow morning our staff have to take a pice from our other staff (Thomas) and replace it to stock (this is a note to next shift staff)

2. i was sleeping nicely but some of roommates entered the room and distrubed ( this one ok..i got the answer) but can use deeply instead of soundly?

3rd and 4th sentences i got answer..

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
my question meaning.

1. i have a passholder but its brokened,so i took a pice of passholder from our stock. but tommrrow morning our staff have to take a pice from our other staff (Thomas) and replace it to stock (this is a note to next shift staff)

My passholder was broken so I have taken a replacement piece of a passholder from the stock. Please ensure you get another piece tomorrow morning from Thomas, and replace it.

2. i was sleeping nicely but some of roommates entered the room and distrubed ( this one ok..i got the answer) but can use deeply instead of soundly?

3rd and 4th sentences i got answer..

My suggestion is above. I'm not sure if you took an entire passholder from the stock, or just one piece of the passholder. I have assumed just one piece, as that's what you said. If that is incorrect and you actually took one passholder from stock, then it should be:

My passholder broke so I have taken a replacement from the stock. Tomorrow morning, please ensure you get another from Thomas and replace it.

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
My suggestion is above. I'm not sure if you took an entire passholder from the stock, or just one piece of the passholder. I have assumed just one piece, as that's what you said. If that is incorrect and you actually took one passholder from stock, then it should be:

My passholder broke so I have taken a replacement from the stock. Tomorrow morning, please ensure you get another from Thomas and replace it.

thank you

by the way i took only single pice of passholder. but i like to tell one more thing tommrrow morning he have to ask with thomas then only he will give him a passholder and he can replace it to store.

i asked you can use deeply instead of soundly?
I was sleeping soundly(deeply) when they disturbed me by coming into my room

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
thank you

by the way i took only single pice of passholder. but i like to tell one more thing tommrrow morning he have to ask with thomas then only he will give him a passholder and he can replace it to store.

i asked you can use deeply in stead of soundly?
I was sleeping soundly(deeply) when they disturbed me by coming into my room

I'm still not clear - did you take just "a piece of a passholder" (for example, the metal clip or the neck chain) or did you take "one passholder"?

Yes, you can sleep soundly or deeply.

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
yes. i have taken a pice passholder.

thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
yes. i have taken a pice passholder.

thank you.

This thread could run forever. Letsrock - it is still not clear!!!!!

Did you take:

1) ONE passholder

2) A piece of a passholder

Passholders are usually made of several pieces - the plastic part which contains the pass, a chain or a piece of material with which you hang it round your neck, a metal clip with which you attach it to your clothes, and perhaps other pieces.

It is important in order to answwer the original question that we know EXACTLY what you took!!! :-D

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates

Did you take:

1) ONE passholder

Passholders are usually made of several pieces - the plastic part which contains the pass, a chain or a piece of material with which you hang it round your neck, a metal clip with which you attach it to your clothes, and perhaps other pieces.

It is important in order to answwer the original question that we know EXACTLY what you took!!! :-D

i am really sorry.

I took one passholder (the plastic part which contains the pass)

i hope now you got my point?

sorry for wasteing your valueable time.

letsrock

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United Arab Emirates

Did you take:

1) ONE passholder

Sorry i took one passholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.