Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Spain
I have three questions and three sentences please answer all of them or any if you know the answer.:)

1.) Sentence: "I think the motivated leaks done by the ruling party with/through the help of its stooges in the channels, specially in English media"

My question: Which preposition, with or through, would be right to use in the sentence one ?

2.) "This whole allegation trading and controversy will/would come to a halt when he would be sacked"

My question:
Which verb, will or would, would be correct to use in the sentence ? Also tell which preposition, a or no preposition,would be correct to use in the sentence two ?

3.)
Sentence: "I'm ready to wager when the investigation reports will/would come there would be no incriminating proof against him"

My question: Has the word when been used correctly in the sentence ? And which verb, will or would, be correct to use in the sentence three ?

Thanks for reading and answering long list of questions.:)

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have three questions and three sentences please answer all of them or any if you know the answer.:)

1.) Sentence: "I think the motivated leaks done by the ruling party with/through the help of its stooges in the channels, specially in English media"

My question: Which preposition, with or through, would be right to use in the sentence one ?

... by the ruling party with the help of its stooges ... or
... by the ruling party through its stooges ...

2.) "This whole allegation trading and controversy will/would come to a halt when he would be sacked"

My question:
Which verb, will or would, would be correct to use in the sentence ?
Neither. The second half is wrong.
You could write:
"This whole allegation trading and controversy would come to a halt if he were sacked."
"This whole allegation trading and controversy will come to a halt when he is sacked."
Also tell which preposition, a or no preposition,would be correct to use in the sentence two ?Use 'a'.

3.)
Sentence: "I'm ready to wager when the investigation reports will/would come there would be no incriminating proof against him"

My question: Has the word "when" been used correctly in the sentence ? No
And which verb, will or would, is correct to use in the sentence three ? Neither.

"I'm ready to wager that, when the investigation reports come in, there will be no incriminating proof against him"

Thanks for reading and answering long list of questions.:)
R.

Status
Not open for further replies.