Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
One time a knook became tired of his beautiful life and longed for something new to do. The knooks have more wonderful powers than any other immortal folk—except, perhaps, the fairies and ryls. So one would suppose that a knook who might gain anything he desired by a simple wish could not be otherwise than happy and contented. But such was not the case with Popopo, the knook we are speaking of. He had lived thousands of years, and had enjoyed all the wonders he could think of. Yet life had become as tedious to him now as it might be to one who was unable to gratify a single wish.

So one would suppose that a knook who might gain anything he desired by a simple wish could not be otherwise than happy and contented.

I couldn't understand its connection with fore phrase :roll:

and what can I say for Knooks :-?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
One time a knook became tired of his beautiful life and longed for something new to do. The knooks have more wonderful powers than any other immortal folk—except, perhaps, the fairies and ryls. So one would suppose that a knook who might gain anything he desired by a simple wish could not be otherwise than happy and contented. But such was not the case with Popopo, the knook we are speaking of. He had lived thousands of years, and had enjoyed all the wonders he could think of. Yet life had become as tedious to him now as it might be to one who was unable to gratify a single wish.

So one would suppose that a knook who might gain anything he desired by a simple wish could not be otherwise than happy and contented.

I couldn't understand its connection with fore phrase :roll:

and what can I say for Knooks :-?
A knook must be happy and contented. He could not be otherwise = He could not be anything but happy and contented.

Is 'knook' not as good a nonsense word in German as it is in English?

Tinkerbell

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thank you Raymott. :-D
I'm not German, I'm Turkish and it's a very foreign word for my language. Anyway, I can think about it later or use it as it is.

Tinkerbell

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
So whats the pronunciation of knook:?:

Last edited:

Tinkerbell