1. Unregistered

Exclamation this or that, whatever or wherever

Hi everyone :)

I'm writing a review about a book that I read, and I was wondering about using 'whatever' or 'wherever' and 'this' or 'that'.

''Iíve always loved to read. I donít know exactly why, but what Iím positive about is that it makes me travel and leave for a beautiful journey across... wherever/whatever it is! It can be, for an instant, a beautiful and colourful universe and then fall apart tragically and become a messy world...

However, you and I both know that not every author is able to accomplish that/this.''

Re: this or that, whatever or wherever

''Iíve always loved to read. I donít know exactly why, but what Iím positive about is that it makes me travel and leave for a beautiful journey to... wherever it may be! It can be, for instance, a beautiful and colourful universe and then fall apart tragically and become a messy world.However, you and I both know that not every author is able to accomplish that/this.'' Not sure about this.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Re: this or that, whatever or wherever

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi everyone :)

I'm writing a review about a book that I read, and I was wondering about using 'whatever' or 'wherever' and 'this' or 'that'.

''I’ve always loved to read. I don’t know exactly why, but what I’m positive about is that it makes me travel and leave for a beautiful journey across... wherever/whatever it is! It can be, for an instant, a beautiful and colourful universe and then fall apart tragically and become a messy world...

However, you and I both know that not every author is able to accomplish that/this.''
    My suggestion:

"I've always loved reading. I don't know exactly why, but what I'm positive about is that it makes me travel and set off for a beautiful journey across....wherever it is! It can be, for an instant, a beautiful ........

..............to accomplish this"

Neither a teacher nor a native English speaker
    Last edited by ratůncolorao; 28-Apr-2010 at 21:36.