I prepared this lesson for my pupils
I want you to give me your opinion about it and if you can supply me with other activities relating to the topic.
I/ Warming up: The teacher asks the students about the previous lesson.
Task 01 : Classify the following word in the following table:
Irritability loneliness - bold honesty security honest secure boldness - lonely
e. security 1. irritable
The teacher asks the students to divide these words into roots and affixes.
T: What do you notice?
Pps : we notice that all the words of the first column consist of only roots whereas the words of the second column consist of roots which are the previous adjective and the following suffixes : "-ness, -ty , -ity"
Activity one: Add suffixes "-ness, -ty , -ity" to the list of words below to form nouns.
Generous, happy, tender, kind, stupid, selfish, friendly.
Generous Generosity. Happy happiness. Tender tenderness.
Kind kindness. Stupid stupidity. Selfish selfishness.
Activity two: Fill in the gaps with appropriate nouns formed in the previous activity
1. His .. makes him funny.
2. Selma's makes every one likes her.
3. It is better avoiding . with friends.
4. He is imitating his uncle in his ..
5. Her eyes shone with
1. His stupidity makes him funny.
2. Helen's friendliness makes every one likes her.
3. It is better avoiding selfishness with friends.
4. He is imitating his uncle in his kindness.
5. Her eyes shone with happiness
For what level are you teaching on? Range of age perhaps?