British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
i peed in a horse once

thx in advance.

:shock: I have never heard this expression in my life :shock:

As far as I know, it is not an idiom, certainly not in the UK! Can you give us the passage where you found this strange sentence?! :-D

hjtop

Member Type
English Teacher
thx, emsr2d2 anyway

i just read this expression in a comment section while reading an article about korean man who married to a pillow. this article is in metro uk on march 9, if i'm right.

anyhow, i check this sentence on google. i found many of them but couldn't find what it meant.

i'm quite sure since the article i mentioned above was featured in the uk newspaper, the comment ' i peed in a horse once' was possibly made by a british.

i hope this could give you a hint at least.

thx again^^

magimagicE

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
UK
That must have been one hell of a stag do!

Seriously, though, I think the phrase is missing a word:

I peed in a horse box once.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That must have been one hell of a stag do!

Seriously, though, I think the phrase is missing a word:

I peed in a horse box once.

:lol: That is some party, indeed! I hope you're right, and that it was meant to be "horsebox". Any comment on a story about a man who is married to a pillow is probably going to be quite strange though.

I'm not sure if the original poster had problems with the actual translation though, so just in case:

Peed = past tense of "to pee" = to urinate

I can only assume that, as the story was about something as bizarre as someone being married to a pillow, the people who commented were simply admitting to very strange things they had done in their past.

hjtop

Member Type
English Teacher
Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
thx, you two.

i'm afraid i still don't get it what exactly it means and when to use it.

i've just checked this one ' i peed in a horse once' NOT ' ... horse box' on google once again. i can find heaps of it on comments as it is. they are mostly appeard as a comment.

just in case, i put the url below

'American Idol': Crystal Bowersox returns, judges 'See the Light' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

hope you guys can give me more details :)

thx a bunch :-o

Honestly, I have no more clue than I did before. There are some people who put completely random comments on websites, just for fun!

The literal translation, which I'm sure you already grasped, is "On one occasion I urinated in a horse". Baffling! Mystery! (And possibly illegal!)

As far as your question "When to use it?" is concerned, I have one piece of advice. DON'T. Pretend you never read it, assume it was someone simply joking and forget all about it!!!

hjtop

Member Type
English Teacher
thx for your tips :up:

i do appreciate all of your answers, cheers :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.