Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    nado92 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    312

    find the mistake

    Although recently , he had a bicycle . now , he has a Mercedes.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: find the mistake

    Quote Originally Posted by nado92 View Post
    Although recently , he had a bicycle . now , he has a Mercedes.

    Thanks in advance
    What do you think is wrong?

  3. #3
    nado92 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    312

    Re: find the mistake

    Maybe 'Although' should be 'however'.
    Because although is followed by a complete sentence.

  4. #4
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: find the mistake

    Quote Originally Posted by nado92 View Post
    Maybe 'Although' should be 'however'.
    Because although is followed by a complete sentence.
    There is nothing wrong with "although". Do you not think there is something wrong with the punctuation?

  5. #5
    nado92 is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    312

    Re: find the mistake

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    There is nothing wrong with "although". Do you not think there is something wrong with the punctuation?
    Although recently he had a bicycle . Now, he has a Mercedes.
    Do you mean it is a right sentence

  6. #6
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: find the mistake

    Quote Originally Posted by nado92 View Post
    Although recently he had a bicycle . Now, he has a Mercedes.
    Do you mean it is a right sentence
    That is two sentences. Try: "Altough until recently he had a bicycle, he now has a Mercedes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •