Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello everyone

When racism has social or cultural reasons, then it can be easily debatable as the case with Greek philosophers including Aristotle who agreed that slaves are slaves by nature and women aren't fully humans so they naturally should be ruled by men and barbarians should be ruled by Greeks, these are arguable points and we can object and remove them even if they were rooted deep in society because they are not holy. But when a racial act is connected with a divine will, its godly roots make it unquestionable and anyone objects them, objects the will of God, and here lies the great dilemma.

Thanks in advance

Unwritten

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Palestinian Territory
Hello everyone

When racism has social or cultural reasons, then it can be easily debated as the case with Greek philosophers including Aristotle who agreed that slaves are slaves by nature and women aren't fully humans so they naturally should be ruled by men and barbarians should be ruled by Greeks, these are arguable points that we can object and remove [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] even if they were deeply rooted in society since they are not holy. But when a racial act is connected with a divine will, it`s religious roots make it unquestionable issue, objecting these rules means objecting the will of God, and here lies the great dilemma.

Thanks in advance

Good Luck!

Over the top

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
That was a quick reply, thanks a lot Unwritten.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
[STRIKE]When[/STRIKE] While racism has social or cultural reasons to justify, [STRIKE]then [/STRIKE]it can be easily debated as is the case with Greek philosophers including Aristotle, who agreed that slaves are slaves by nature and women aren't fully humans so they naturally should be ruled by men and barbarians should be ruled by Greeks. These are arguable points that we can object to and remove [STRIKE]them [/STRIKE]even if they were deeply rooted in society since they are not holy (the points are not holy? or against the religions? ).But when a racial act is connected with a divine will, its religious roots make it an unquestionable issue. Objecting to these rules means objecting to the will of God, and here lies the great dilemma.

Over the top

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thanks a lot tedtmc.

Norma3

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi,

I have a doubt in the title of the post.

'Correct this to me' is correct or it should 'correct this for me'

Please clarify my doubt

Thank You
Norma.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
You are right of course, Norma.
Just that I couldn't correct his title. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.