Looking for a native proofreader

Status
Not open for further replies.

qidekai2009

Member Type
Other
Our company, Shanghai Torindo, is in the top 5 of the document localization industry in China. We are looking for a native English proofreader, and hope you can help. The following is the sample text:

MFPs are different from printers in model, so is the unit running cost. Excessive outputs from the equipment with high unit cost or high load will increase not only the running cost but also the burden and expense of equipment maintenance and repair. In addition, it is also concerned that the unnecessary personal output will cause wastage or information divulgence.

Can you manage to proofread the text similar with the above one? If you can, please tell us the unit price and turn-over time.

Thanks

Corelliz

Member Type
Other
I am a freelance copy editor/proofreader (native English speaker) and have copy-edited your text as follows:

MFPs differ from other models in both functionality and in unit running cost. High usage of these printers increases not only the running cost, but also incurs expensive equipment maintenance and repair. Consideration should also be given to unnecessary personal use as this only increases cost wastage.

Note that this text required heavy copy-editing, not simply proofreading as it needed to be re-written substantially to sound 'English'. Also the last sentence would have to be clarified with the translator as it did not make much sense.

I would be interested in talking to you further to offer my copy-editing services.
My rate is USD$20 per 1000 words for copy-editing.
My turn-around on 1000 words is 1 day (to take account of the time difference as I live in New Zealand).

Please reply if you wish to discuss this further. You can send a private message or email at lizjohns1(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thank you for your time in reading this,
Liz

Ulysses Hood

Member Type
English Teacher
If the volume of work is sufficiently great to allow two native proof readers to be employed I would also like to offer my services and would happily conform to the same rates already offered. If you would like me to prove my own proficiency with a new sample text or contact me directly please do so at your convenience by e-mailing my personal address ulysses_hood(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Andrew

Editors4Writers

Member Type
English Teacher
Our company, Shanghai Torindo, is in the top 5 of the document localization industry in China. We are looking for a native English proofreader, and hope you can help. The following is the sample text:

MFPs are different from printers in model, so is the unit running cost. Excessive outputs from the equipment with high unit cost or high load will increase not only the running cost but also the burden and expense of equipment maintenance and repair. In addition, it is also concerned that the unnecessary personal output will cause wastage or information divulgence.

Can you manage to proofread the text similar with the above one? If you can, please tell us the unit price and turn-over time.

Thanks

Hello,

My company specializes in proofreading and editing for corporate businesses. We would be honored to work for your company. My company website is: Editors for Writers, Inc. We also have workers that have been to China.

Please find the revised sample below.

Revision:

One of the main differences between MFPs and normal printer models is the unit running cost. MFPs are costly devices that incur financial burdens. The need for continual repair and periodic maintenance demonstrate the impractical usefulness of MFPs. In addition to the wastefulness of valuable resources, MFPs increase the likelihood of divulging private information to the public sector.

urchinltd

Member Type
Academic

Thanks
£15 per 1000 words

Status
Not open for further replies.