Other
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi indian123,

Zero plural = underware (singular) / underware (plural).

Regards,

José Manuel Rosón Bravo

hanky

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Isn't crazy to treat underware as uncountabe noun? So how about bra? what do you say if you want to buy "one" underware ?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Isn't crazy to treat underware as uncountabe noun? So how about bra? what do you say if you want to buy "one" underware ?
The word "underwear" is uncountable. You can of course count different types of underwear, one bra(ssiere), two bras (brassieres) etc.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Please note spelling of underWEAR (not underWARE). Underwear is more like a collective noun - it refers to all kinds of undergarments - bras, knickers, pants, boxer shorts, vests etc. That is why we say "I'm going to buy some underwear" - we are being unspecific. If I go to buy underwear, I might come home with 2 bras, 3 pairs of knickers and one vest. I have still bought "underwear". It's uncountable.

hanky

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please note spelling of underWEAR (not underWARE). Underwear is more like a collective noun - it refers to all kinds of undergarments - bras, knickers, pants, boxer shorts, vests etc. That is why we say "I'm going to buy some underwear" - we are being unspecific. If I go to buy underwear, I might come home with 2 bras, 3 pairs of knickers and one vest. I have still bought "underwear". It's uncountable.

Sorry, it's my bad spelling.

I would like to buy just one of this
http://uneasysilence.com/media/2007/09/underwear-rug.jpg
what can I tell the seller?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.