Results 1 to 5 of 5
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Dec 2003
    • Posts: 514
    #1

    on-camera

    Dear Teachers,

    I read this from 29 Gifts by Cami Walker:

    "He's really hustling to get his voice-acting career rolling in L. A. It'll get even more intense soon when he starts auditioning for on-camera television commercials to all his voiceover work."

    What is a "on-camera" television commercial?

  1. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 24,103
    #2

    Re: on-camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Eway View Post
    Dear Teachers,

    I read this from 29 Gifts by Cami Walker:

    "He's really hustling to get his voice-acting career rolling in L. A. It'll get even more intense soon when he starts auditioning for on-camera television commercials to all his voiceover work."

    What is a "on-camera" television commercial?
    It's one where this man gets his face on TV - as opposed to "voice-acting" or "voice-over work" where it is only his voice that is being used.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

    • Join Date: Dec 2003
    • Posts: 514
    #3

    Re: on-camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    It's one where this man gets his face on TV - as opposed to "voice-acting" or "voice-over work" where it is only his voice that is being used.
    Does this mean he is actually auditioning for an acting job instead of a voiceover job?


    • Join Date: Apr 2010
    • Posts: 18
    #4

    Re: on-camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Eway View Post
    Dear Teachers,

    I read this from 29 Gifts by Cami Walker:

    "He's really hustling to get his voice-acting career rolling in L. A. It'll get even more intense soon when he starts auditioning for on-camera television commercials to all his voiceover work."

    What is a "on-camera" television commercial?
    He will not be physically being filmed by a camera--I believe that what they mean is, to use another phrase, "on-air"--his voice will be being used for real performances shown to a real audience, rather than, say, performing as voice acts at theaters and such.

  2. Raymott's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 24,103
    #5

    Re: on-camera

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuzzyTie View Post
    He will not be physically being filmed by a camera--I believe that what they mean is, to use another phrase, "on-air"--his voice will be being used for real performances shown to a real audience, rather than, say, performing as voice acts at theaters and such.
    Yes, it's possible it's supposed to mean that.
    " ... he starts auditioning for voice-over work for live television commercials." It's a strange way of saying it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •