1. jessi.m

Question the letter(help)

I have right now to write a formal letter to one researcher of IBM. But before I handle it to his, I would like you to take a look atand check if there is any mistake.
    The letter is as the following:

Dear Mr.avouris

I'm a M.Sc student of ... and my research area is carbon nanotube transistor, I have studied your report by name "Engineering Carbon Nanotubes and Nanotube Circuits Using Electrical Breakdown" that published in 2001.You explain some ways to remove shells of MWNTs stepwise but I can't understand how this methods can remove partially and made stepwise structure. I think because MWNT has metallic behavior so by applying current to outer layer, the whole of outer layer must be removed. It would be a pleasure to receive your sight about this problem OR (I appreciate your assistance in this matter.)

Yours sincerely
    nm

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: the letter(help)

Quote Originally Posted by jessi.m View Post
    I have right now to write a formal letter to one researcher of IBM. But before I handle it to his, I would like you to take a look atand check if there is any mistake.
    The letter is as the following:

Dear Mr Avouris

I'm an M.Sc student of (is this going to be the name of your university? If so, you need "at", not "of") ... and my research area is carbon nanotube transistor. I have studied your report by name "Engineering Carbon Nanotubes and Nanotube Circuits Using Electrical Breakdown" that which was published in 2001. You explain some ways to remove the shells of MWNTs stepwise but I can't understand how this these methods can remove partially and made stepwise structure. I think because (You think this is because OR you think that?) MWNT has metallic behavior (perhaps "behaves like a metal"?) so by applying a current to the outer layer, the whole of outer layer must be removed. It would be a pleasure to receive your insight about into this problem OR (I appreciate your assistance in this matter. - I prefer this choice.)

Yours sincerely
    nm
    Please note that I have absolutely no knowledge of carbon nanotube transistors, I have left all the technical jargon as you wrote it. I have, however, corrected other grammatical and spelling errors above.