Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Simple Past Tense
1) After we found that buying foods and other materials are economical at the large supermarkets, we utilized to send two brothers to the large supermarket once a week.

Simple past Tense (Passive Tense)
2) After buying foods and other materials was found by us that they are economical at the large supermarkets, we utilized to send two brothers to the large supermarket once a week.

Simple Present Tense
3) My father's car usually doesn't work several days in every month so my father orders from us to charge the battery.

Simple Present Tense (Passive Tense)
4) In every month my father's car doesn't work for several days so my father orders from us to charge the battery.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Simple Past Tense
1) After we found that buying foods and other materials [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were economical at the large supermarkets, we [STRIKE]utilized[/STRIKE] arranged to send two brothers to the large supermarket once a week.

2) After buying foods and other materials was found by us [STRIKE]that they are[/STRIKE] to be economical at the large supermarkets, we utilized to send two brothers to the large supermarket once a week.

Simple Present Tense
3) My father's car usually doesn't work several days in every month so my father orders [STRIKE]from [/STRIKE]us to charge the battery.

4) In every month my father's car doesn't work for several days so we are ordered by our father to charge the battery.
R.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank you for your help :-D

Last edited:

drpcsekhar

Member Type
English Teacher
Simple Past Tense
1) After we found that buying foods and other materials is economical at the large supermarkets, we have started sending the two brothers to the large supermarket once a week.

2) After buying foods and other materials was found economical by us at the large supermarkets, we have started sending the two brothers to the large supermarket once a week.

Simple Present Tense
3) My father's car usually doesn't work several days in every month so my father orders us to charge the battery.

4) In every month my father's car doesn't work for several days so we are ordered by our father to charge the battery.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank You So Much

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
PS: In 1 the correction should have read 'was economical' not 'were economical'.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
After we found that buying foods and other materials were economical at the large supermarkets.

why it should be "was economical" while the sentence is plural?
give me an evidence of English grammar.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
After we found that buying foods and other materials were economical at the large supermarkets.

why it should be "was economical" while the sentence is plural?
give me an evidence of English grammar.
The subject of the clause is "buying [foods and other materials]". The gerund "buying" is singular.
"Buying was more economical at the large supermarkets."
"The buying of foods and other materials ..."

By the way, sentences aren't singular or plural. Subjects of clauses and their corresponding verbs are.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
That is incredible thank you

Status