I don't know how to talk to people more fluently

Status
Not open for further replies.

secret82

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have a problem on talking with people.
I almost can understand what people talk to me but I can't answer them fluently, and I have no idea to figure out.
Can anybody help me?
How to solve this problem?
Thanks!!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How often do you you speak to people and in what sort of situation- social, professional, etc?

secret82

Member Type
Student or Learner
I am not a English majoy student in my university.
So I often talk to my English teacher at least two times a week.
Other time I can't find people who I can talk to but I'll read some magazine or books when I reading them.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
OK, now when you say you can't answer people fluently, what exactly do you mean?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
OK- your writing is OK, so there's nothing wrong with your language. Do you worry about making mistakes when speaking? If so, try not to- concentrate first on getting your message across. Spoken language is different from written and you shouldn't apply the same grammar rules or standards. If the other person understands, you have communicated successfully.

daph

Member Type
Student or Learner
I think i have the same problem with you..
I have no confidence to talk with other people because I think I would make wrong sentences and also bad grammar.. :-(

secret82

Member Type
Student or Learner
To Tdol:

Thanks for your suggestion.
I'll try your way and to improve my "conversation part" to my English!! :D

secret82

Member Type
Student or Learner
To peartree:

I'll also try your way :D
Suddenly I feel enlightened.

secret82

Member Type
Student or Learner
To daph:

Let's try the way they told me.
I hope we can be more confident :)

mousa

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have a problem on talking with people.
I almost can understand what people talk to me but I can't answer them fluently, and I have no idea to figure out.
Can anybody help me?
How to solve this problem?
Thanks!!
hello there
I am a English leaner as well and i almost familiar with that problem. here some practical way that helps me alot to be more alret when i speak in english . Especially when you have got problem to find a english patner to speak with.

primerly you need to be ready to make question or respond to question that you make when you read something . for instance , imagine you are reading an article in magzine try to ask as many question cas you can and try to answer as many as you can find the word twhen you stcuk.

secondly, you can listen to radio or tv program like day show and try to count yourself ansd answer the question beforehand or give your opinon .
I am sure that can help , by the way be confident is really essencial but try not to be over confident as hold your prograss lean and use it if you do not use it you will lose it like my spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.