I am confused with the following sentences. Which is acceptable?
(1) To me, her books are more interesting than any other books.
(2) For me, her books are more interesting than any other books.
(3) Oscar is the quietest student in my class.
(4) Oscar is the quietest of all the students in my class.
Last edited by contiluo; 13-May-2010 at 08:36. Reason: typo
(1) "to me" in your example suggests a more superficial "interest"
(2) "for me" suggests a more personal and in depth "interest"
(3) the better of 3 or 4
(4) "of all the students" is redundant or at least unnecessary because "quietest" implies that Oscar is being compared to all the students