Good morning, Fatimah.
(1) Hopefully, a teacher will soon answer you.
(2) May I just make a few comments?
(3) I respectfully suggest you review the use of the past continuous/progressive tense. It can be very confusing. I agree.
(4) Here is an example from a book used by many students:
Yesterday Dave and Jim played tennis. They began at 10:00 and finished at 11:00.
Now these words are mine -- not the book's: I called Dave at his home at
10:30, but I could not reach him. Why? Because he was (at that time)
playing tennis with Jim.
(5) Let's say your friend walked down the street at 10:00 and finished her
walk at 11:00. During that hour, she looked at the windows of the
(6) Let's say you saw your friend and waved at 10:30.
(7) But your friend did not see you at 10:30. Why?
She WAS LOOKING at the windows of the stores. She was NOT looking in
your direction at 10:30.
Have a nice day!