Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. ucef's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 172
    #1

    Post essay

    Peace be with you, how to write an essay of a short story?

  2. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,893
    #2

    Re: essay

    Quote Originally Posted by ucef View Post
    Peace be with you, how to write an essay of a short story?
    You have not given us enough information. Do you have to write an essay ABOUT a short story that you have read? What are you having problems with - vocab, grammar, layout etc?

    Make an attempt at what you have to do and post it here, and we will be happy to look at it.

  3. ucef's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 172
    #3

    Smile Re: essay

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    You have not given us enough information. Do you have to write an essay ABOUT a short story that you have read? What are you having problems with - vocab, grammar, layout etc?

    Make an attempt at what you have to do and post it here, and we will be happy to look at it.
    Peace be with you, in fact I have problems with all what you have mentioned, yes I am asked to write an essay about a short story, but my teacher asked me to write it about one of the following elements: characters, or plot, or setting or themes. One of the problems I have is what am I going to write in my introduction, if my essay is about setting, would the introduction be the same if I intend to write about characters. I hope you understood my question. can you give me your e-mail please. thanks in advance

  4. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,893
    #4

    Re: essay

    Quote Originally Posted by ucef View Post
    Peace be with you, in fact I have problems with all what you have mentioned, yes I am asked to write an essay about a short story, but my teacher asked me to write it about one of the following elements: characters, or plot, or setting or themes. One of the problems I have is what am I going to write in my introduction, if my essay is about setting, would the introduction be the same if I intend to write about characters. I hope you understood my question. can you give me your e-mail please. thanks in advance
    An introductory paragraph would be generally the same regardless of which element you choose. It would probably introduce the name of the short story, the name of the author and perhaps a very short description of the main theme, or simply the genre. You would then say that you plan to focus on character/plot/setting/theme (whichever one you choose), and perhaps why you believe that that particular element is the most interesting.

    As with all these threads, it's best if you actually write a version yourself and post it, then ask for comments.

    No personal emails, no! Sorry! The teachers on here help out in their spare time because we like to assist. If you need a teacher to help you personally by internet etc, you would have to pay!

  5. ucef's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 172
    #5

    Smile Re: essay

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    An introductory paragraph would be generally the same regardless of which element you choose. It would probably introduce the name of the short story, the name of the author and perhaps a very short description of the main theme, or simply the genre. You would then say that you plan to focus on character/plot/setting/theme (whichever one you choose), and perhaps why you believe that that particular element is the most interesting.

    As with all these threads, it's best if you actually write a version yourself and post it, then ask for comments.

    No personal emails, no! Sorry! The teachers on here help out in their spare time because we like to assist. If you need a teacher to help you personally by internet etc, you would have to pay!
    Thank you so much, I'm poor and have no money to pay! lol.
    Ok teacher I'll try to write an essay and post it. I have posted an essay which I wrote about a poem of D.H. Lawrence, it is a free verse, can you please check it and comment. thanks

  6. emsr2d2's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 41,893
    #6

    Re: essay

    Quote Originally Posted by ucef View Post
    Thank you so much, I'm poor and have no money to pay! lol.
    Ok teacher I'll try to write an essay and post it. I have posted an essay which I wrote about a poem of D.H. Lawrence, it is a free verse, can you please check it and comment. thanks
    If you're poor, then you're in the right place!!!!

    If you have posted an essay before, and didn't get any responses, it may be due to the length of the post. As I said, people are on here in their spare time and sometimes if we look at a thread and it's long, we may skip on to the next one because we simply don't have time.

  7. ucef's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco

    • Join Date: Dec 2009
    • Posts: 172
    #7

    Smile Re: essay

    Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    If you're poor, then you're in the right place!!!!

    If you have posted an essay before, and didn't get any responses, it may be due to the length of the post. As I said, people are on here in their spare time and sometimes if we look at a thread and it's long, we may skip on to the next one because we simply don't have time.
    Hello, it is not long indeed.

Similar Threads

  1. [Essay] Please grade my essay
    By Zodiak in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-Oct-2009, 15:17
  2. [Essay] Check my Essay pls
    By YumzxA1 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-Dec-2008, 07:12
  3. Will anyone please revise my college application essay?
    By inck243 in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-Oct-2006, 07:29
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-Dec-2005, 07:09
  5. my essay tutorial
    By Dmitrij in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-Sep-2005, 03:51

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •