Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Germany
Hello To everyone.
I am looking to study some chairman's speech. I would like to do that as I want to learn how to be formal (address) someone formally and how to explain the rules and procedures involved. For example I would be the speech coordinator and I would like to be able to introduce my self, introduce the speakers and explain the procedure and all that speaking formal.

So do you Have in mind a chairman's speech that might help me?

I would like to thank you In advance for your help

Best regards
Alex

Abstract Idea

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
United States
Hello To everyone.
I am looking to study some chairman's speech. I would like to do that as I want to learn how to be formal (address) someone formally and how to explain the rules and procedures involved. For example I would be the speech coordinator and I would like to be able to introduce my self, introduce the speakers and explain the procedure and all that speaking formal.

So do you Have in mind a chairman's speech that might help me?

I would like to thank you In advance for your help

Best regards
Alex

It depends on the field, the conference and so on.
Why don't you try to post something? A first trial version let's say.

dervast

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Germany
This is my first attempt (attempt or try?). Please find with red the points that I need your help. Probably there are much more to be corrected so please provide me with as much feedback as possible.

Good Morning,
ladies and gentlemen and welcome to tonight's debate. The topic for this debate is " " (sounds too simple for me)

For the proposition (proposition or propositional side) this morning we have first_speaker_name and second_speaker name while (while or an) for the opposition (opposition or oppositional side) this morning we have
(word morning is being repeated so many times)

The speaking times this morning will be up to seven minutes. There will be a bell at the end of the first minute and a second bell at the sixth minute.

I would now call upon the first speak of the proposition (proposition or propositional side) to open this debate.

I would now call upon the first speak of the opposition (opposition or oppositional side) to continue/proceed.

As the dust begins to settle it is time for the second round of this debate, thus I would like to call upon second propositional speaker (is second oppositional speaker ok?)

This round ends with the second oppositional speaker so I would like to call upon the second oppositional speaker.

(Floor Debate)

Before the floor debate starts I would like to thank all of the four speakers that took part. Now it is time for the floor debate to take place. You should raise your hand and wait for my confirmation before you ask something to the one of the speakers (speakers or main speakers). (This paragraph is not so formal to me).

Ending phrase( How could you name the phrase that I will have to say at the end?)
I need a few sentences to say at the end of the debate procedure (here is my try)

At this end of this procedure I would like to thank everyone that took part in this debate the speakers and the audience(floor debate people can be addresses as audience?) that took part in it. Our next debate(?) on the third of July. Thank you

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.
Best Regards
Alex.

Abstract Idea

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
United States
This is my first attempt (attempt or try?). Please find with red the points that I need your help. Probably there are much more to be corrected so please provide me with as much feedback as possible.

Good Morning,
ladies and gentlemen and welcome to tonight's debate. The topic for this debate is " " (sounds too simple for me)
"This is OK, it's not too simple. But you could also say something along the lines
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, it is a pleasure to welcome you to our (event, city, etc)." Also if the event will be hold in the morning, change "tonight" to "this morning"

For the proposition (proposition or propositional side) this morning we have first_speaker_name and second_speaker name while (while or an) for the opposition (opposition or oppositional side) this morning we have
(word morning is being repeated so many times)
This morning we'll have the pleasure to hear Mr. X from 'somewhere' and Mr. Y defending the position 'someposition' and Mr. Z on the other side, talking against ...

The speaking times this morning will be up to seven minutes. There will be a bell at the end of the first minute and a second bell at the sixth minute.
Each speaker will have up to seven minutes to explain his points, there will be two bells, one by the end of the first minute and other by the end of the sixth.

I would now call upon the first speak of the proposition (proposition or propositional side) to open this debate.
I would like to pass the word now for the first speaker Mr. X to open this debate. Mr. X, you have seven minutes.

I would now call upon the first speak of the opposition (opposition or oppositional side) to continue/proceed.
Thanks Mr. X, let's hear now the opposition. Mr. Z, please.

As the dust begins to settle it is time for the second round of this debate, thus I would like to call upon second propositional speaker (is second oppositional speaker ok?) I don't think so, what about the second speaker from the opposition?

This round ends with the second oppositional speaker so I would like to call upon the second oppositional speaker.

(Floor Debate)

Before the floor debate starts I would like to thank all of the four speakers that took part. At this point you could direct towards them: Thank you very much for your contribution Mr. X, Mr. Y for the ... and Mr. Z and Mr. W for the ... Now it is time for the floor debate to take place. You should raise your hand and wait for my confirmation before you ask something to the one of the speakers (speakers or main speakers). (This paragraph is not so formal to me).

Ending phrase( How could you name the phrase that I will have to say at the end?)
I need a few sentences to say at the end of the debate procedure (here is my try)

At this end of this procedure I would like to thank everyone that took part in this debate the speakers and the audience(floor debate people can be addresses as audience? yes) that took part in it. Our next debate(?) will be on the third of July. Thank you

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.
Best Regards
Alex.

Try to practice it by speaking loud, try to record and listen to yourself. Be as natural as possible. Maybe you could make a previous rehearsal with your friends.

dervast

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Germany
Thanks for your update. Find my new additions red colored.

Each speaker will have up to seven minutes to explain his points, there will be two bells, one by the end of the first minute and other by the end of the sixth. Please follow these rules as if you do not then I ll have to interrupt you.

Before the floor debate starts (after all the propositional and oppositional speeches are over) I would like to say something that will motivate the audience(how do you call the audience that takes part in a floor debate) to start asking questions to the speakers.

So this is my try.
"There is lot that has been said so far and much more to be discussed by the audience. I am pretty sure you have objections about what you have heard so this is the right time for the floor debate to take place." If you want to ask something to the speakers do not forget to raise your hand and wait for my confirmation. So which of you do they want to ask something first?"

After the floor debate is over then it is time for the proposition and opposition side to make their last summarizing speech, before the voting will take place. So I need a summarizing sentence that will introduce the last two speeches.

"This was a constructive discussion with many arguments raised, please allow the last summarizing speech for each side"

I would like to thank you in advance for your help
Best Regards
Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.